Prayer for more time

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer for more time

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:15 am

Hi everyone, my aunt has cancer and it looks like there's not much that can be done.

I'd like to see her in the next couple of days but I have an important role in an upcoming event on Saturday that I can't find anyone to fill in at short notice.

Thus I am hoping I can make some time on Saturday morning to see her (she lives around an hour's drive from me).

Please pray that I will have the opportunity to have a heart-to-heart conversation with her.

Thanks.
Sammy Boy

Re: Prayer for more time

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 am

I'll definitely be praying, Sammy.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 am

Thank you for keeping this in your prayers, I greatly appreciate it.

I have just finished writing a four page letter to my aunt, because I don't know how much time I have tomorrow.

I hope she will be able to read it (since I can no longer write in Chinese properly, I stuck with basic English in the hopes she can understand).
Sammy Boy

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Will definitely pray for you, man.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 am

I'll be sure to pray!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:52 am

Thank you all for your prayers!

My aunt and I were able to have a good conversation, and later on I was able to tell her how I came to believe in Jesus. She said she wanted more time to think things through before deciding whether to commit to Christ, though she was happy for me to pray with her in general, which I did.

When I left, she also accepted my letter.

Thank you for your support.
Sammy Boy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:13 am

Praise the Lord! That's awesome to hear. I'll definitely be praying for both of you from the bottom of my heart. May God's will be done!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that sir. I hope she will accept Jesus as well.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank you to those who have prayed / are praying.

I visited my aunt last Sunday, and she was very tired (closed eyes, often resting). I did not want to disturb her but prayed that if God was willing, for her to have energy to talk with me.

About a minute after I prayed, she opened her eyes and started talking to me. I asked if she wanted to pray with me and put our hopes in Jesus. She took my hand and said yes. We prayed for God's forgiveness and committed ourselves to placing our hope and trust in Jesus.

We talked some more after this but she was having trouble staying awake so I said goodbye to let her rest.

This morning, my parents went to visit her and saw that she was struggling to breathe. My dad prayed for my aunt with her watching, and asked that God ease her suffering.

After he finished the prayer, my dad said he saw my aunt visibly relax, and then she passed away.

Even though she was unable to say the prayer along with us, I believe she had the intent in her heart, so I am hopeful that she is now with our Lord.
Sammy Boy

Postby shooraijin » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:04 am

That's wonderful to hear. I am hopeful as well.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Sheenar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:47 am

Praying. I am hopeful as well.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Praise the Lord, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing with us.

ClaecElric4God

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm sorry I didn't see this until just now. I'm so glad to hear that she came to know Him, though. I actually went through almost the exact same thing with my grandmother. She knew Him, but she left the church when she was about my age and never intended to go back. She finally did go back as much as she could and came to know Him on a deeper level only weeks before her passing. If you need to talk or anything, just send me an email or PM.
mysngoeshere56

Return to Prayer Room