Service dog roadblocks

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Service dog roadblocks

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:52 pm

So, since losing my last service dog in March 2013, I have been working hard to try to get a successor dog. That loss was one of the hardest as we had only been together a year and a half and there had been so much promise --but he was sick and had to return to the program that trained him. He is now in a pet home.

So I knew the process would likely be a long one. There have been, however, many roadblocks along the way that I did not expect. Finally, things seemed to be falling into place --then it fell through a few days ago. Back almost to square one.

Please pray that something will work out soon so I can get the process going to get another service dog. It has been really hard since losing Leon (my service dog). And the emotional toll of working so hard to find help/resources, finding them, and then having them fall through several times along the way has been difficult.

I am waiting to hear back from a couple of training programs.

I need another dog in my life. Another partner in independence. Please join with me in prayer that something will come through.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Service dog roadblocks

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:15 am

Okay, will pray that things work out really well.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Okami » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:17 pm

That's really tough, Sheena. :( I know how much having a dog at your side has helped you throughout the periods of time you've had them, and the grief that's come upon losing them...a vicious cycle, for sure. It must be frustrating, having to be at square one, yet again.

I pray that God would bless you in this time, that His will may be done as you endure the trials you face, and that you would have a continual reminder of His workings through and in all of this. I pray that even when the darkness is overwhelming, that glimmer of hope and light and potential shines through, that you might not be overtaken. I pray that your spirit would be comforted through the process of finding a successor dog, that this might come soon.

Much love to you, my friend. :hug:
Okami

Postby Lynna » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:53 pm

I will pray for you. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to lose a faithful partner and friend, and I shall pray that you get another one just as good, if not better, and soon!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:59 am

I'll be praying for you, Sheenar!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Kaori » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Praying that you would be able to obtain a new partner.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Thank you guys. It really does mean a lot. :)

I contacted a different program that I had been accepted to last year, but it was decided to put it aside to go with the other program for a dog. Since the other program isn't working out, the first one has agreed to work with me --they will do another home visit via Skype in October and my Team Training (where I am matched with a dog and learn to work with him/her) would be next summer, if all goes well.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room