My friend

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My friend

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 10, 2014 11:56 am

Please pray for my friend. She is leaving the church due to being hurt/let down by a few people (as happens anywhere, because we are all imperfect and sometimes selfish people).

She is joining a non-Christian group and being inducted today. She invited me to come --and I am conflicted. I don't want to support her leaving the faith, but I still want to show love to my friend.

She already arranged for a ride for me and for someone with medical knowledge (a nurse) to be there in case something happens.

Please pray. This is really hard. :(
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: My friend

Postby snowcatgrlX7 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Praying .o.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4
snowcatgrlX7

Postby Yami » Thu May 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Non-christian group? inducted? medical support in case of incident?

This kinda..... sounds like a cult 0_o.....
Yami

Postby LastLfan » Thu May 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Lets not jump the gun, could be a cult, but A:what cult induction would allow a nurse B:what nurse what let you do that, whatever that is. Not saying its not a cult, but for all we know its college sorority with a hazing initiation. Regardless, Sheener you are a better judge of the severity of the situation but I good hard and fast rule is to tell her that you will always be her friend and there for her but you may not always agree with what she does. Either way Praying for you all involved
LastLfan

Postby Yami » Thu May 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Very true but induction that requires medical supervision still raises a few flags.

Regardless of all that tho praying and hope it works out!
Yami

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu May 15, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm going to take a guess here and say she has a medical condition which requires supervision, NOT that she's joining a cult. And please don't assume that it's a cult just because it's a non-Christian group.
Ante Bellum

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Come on people, a cult? Sorority with hazing? That's where your mind goes? Goodness gracious, people. Ever think that maybe it could be like a volunteer honor society or something? Or like a local club or organization? Or heck maybe she's checking out another religious place of worship.

It's sad to hear her leave your church. It's wise that you want to honor and respect her decision. Perhaps it's just best for her to have that space for a while? And maybe this other group may provide a new support structure that may be to her benefit?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Sheenar » Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 am

She's joined a different religion, yes. She was a member of a different Christian denomination from me, but I am sad to see her leave Christianity.

A nurse was present because both she and I have medical conditions and the nurse is a friend of hers and came to support her as well.

It went okay, but was definitely awkward.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Oooooh. Well what religion is she joining?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 17, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't want to start a debate, so I'm hesitant to say as there is some controversy involved whenever it is mentioned.

I just want to ask for prayer for her --that God will lead her in the way of truth.

Sheenar

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 am

I think all you can do is pray for her. Praying.
anlptgtsg

Return to Prayer Room