Addicted to cellphone internet

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Addicted to cellphone internet

Postby Will » Fri May 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Hello once I was a movie reviewer on youtube. However I became obsessed with the views I had and decided to close down my channel. This happened not to long ago. Fast forward to now and once again i'm obsessed over the internet on my cellphone. I've been on it for quite some time now. What can I do to reduce the amount of time that i'm on the internet on my cellphone. Suggestions and prayers would be welcomed. Thanks.
Will

Re: Addicted to cellphone internet

Postby Xeno » Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

If you have an android phone, many have the ability to cut off your data access after you've used so much data. If you have an iPhone it's not quite as simple, but you can restrict functions of the device by doing the following steps. It could help you with whatever your perceived problem is.

You could go into here, disable Cellular Data entirely so that the phone only gets data over wifi, then restrict changing the setting.
Xeno

Postby Will » Sat May 03, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks i'll see if the phone has that function.
Will

Postby nillapoet » Sat May 03, 2014 2:36 pm

What I would do is sell your smartphone and get a dumb one. It's easy for me to get addicted to things and I find having a phone where I can only check facebook, is one thing that helps me keep my internet usage in check.
nillapoet

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat May 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Well, the simplest solution is to get a tracfone that doesn't have internet access (which is what I have). Problem solved. But I suppose that might not be an option for some people, depending on vocation and life situations. *shrug*

That said, I'll be praying for you. I know how it is to be way to addicted to internet use.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Will » Sat May 17, 2014 9:46 pm

I found an app called Self Control. Its helped in the past with my addiction to youtube. Now that its in an app form it can help me in my battle against internet addiction by blocking the app for however long I set the timer for.
Will

Return to Prayer Room