A couple in need

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

A couple in need

Postby PandaPop » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:04 am

Being my first prayer request this feels a tad awkward but here it goes...

I have a friend who recently got married to a long-time boyfriend (6 years). I was very happy they decided to get married since they have been together for so long. To my surprise things have not been going very well. I don't want to get into too much detail but I was over at her house a while ago with some of their other friends and they got in a very serious fight right in front of all of us. My friend was expressing concerns about a bad habit her husband has recently gotten into and he became furious with her. At one point he pushed her out of the room, it wasn't hard but it gave everyone a scare because he was so furious. Later that night my friend revealed a number of problems they have been experiencing. I am very worried that things will escalate, all their friends and family have been trying to get them to go to counseling but they just keep saying they are fine. My friend is not fine though she is very depressed and has gained an extremely unhealthy amount of weight in a very short time period, and it is contributing to some health problems she is experiencing. It tears me apart watching things go so horribly, and I feel so powerless. The only thing I can do as of now is pray and ask anyone who reads this for their prayers as well. Thank You!
PandaPop

Re: A couple in need

Postby Lynna » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 pm

That sounds really difficult. I will be praying.
Lynna

Postby John_Smith » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 am

I'm praying for your friend and her husband, PandaPop.
John_Smith

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:30 am

Uh oh. You said he pushed her... Is domestic violence going on?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby PandaPop » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:36 am

Thank You for your prayers!

@Mr.SmartyPants : No, It wasn't anything violent. I'm concerned about what it could turn into though, if they don't get help with and work together through their problems I fear things could escalate and possibly turn violent.
PandaPop

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:37 am

Definitely praying for them, Pandapop <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Sorry for being so late reading this. I'll be praying, PandaPop. That sounds really rough.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PandaPop » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 am

Thank You ALL SOO much seriously!! Hugs to all :hug: :hug: :hug:
PandaPop

Return to Prayer Room