Blessed are those who mourn...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Blessed are those who mourn...

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:10 am

First off, hi again everybody. Please accept my apologies for disappearing on you again, but a lot's been going on, and I haven't been able to focus much on talking as a result. I feel it's about time I come back on to let you all know that there are people in need, though.

Not long ago, my mom and I received news that a pastor who used to work at the church I grew up at had a massive heart attack. Unfortunately, they were not able to revive him. We know that he's experiencing God's infinite care and love firsthand right now, but it's still hard for everybody who's still here. He really was like a family member to my mom and me, and we've never met anybody more loving than him. My mom honestly said that if she'd gotten married, she would've wanted him to either perform the ceremony or walk her down the aisle, because he really was more like a father to her than her biological one. When I was born, he became part of a reason why I have my real name, because my mom partially named me after him (I have two first names). He really was the definition of a cheerful giver, who only ever wanted to see other people blessed and come to know Christ whether they acknowledged him or not. Please say a prayer for his family, and the people who grew up at my church that knew him. Eventually, he went on to become the senior pastor at another church, so please pray for that church too. They really are grieving hard, as they've lost their senior pastor.

Later the same week that we received that news, one of my cats passed. I'd had him for 15 years. He really was an important part of my childhood, and it's been so hard to adjust to life without him. I do have memories from before him, but he was part of me for so long, that I honestly don't even remember how it felt not to have him in my life.

So, as you can imagine, things have been tough for mom and me, as well as a lot of people we know. But we know that the Bible says "blessed are those who mourn", so we'll hold tight to that right now.

Thank you, and I hope to see you guys more often again.
mysngoeshere56

Re: Blessed are those who mourn...

Postby drill » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:05 am

Praying, Sno.

Here is some more bible verses as well.

Matthew 11:28

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:13 am

I'm praying Sno <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 am

Praying, Sno. I'm sorry for the losses you have had. That is really hard.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 am

Praying, Sno. I know this is a really rough time for you, but know that we're here for support.

Also, it's good to see you again.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Jonathan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:39 am

I'll pray for you, the preacher, his church and all his loved ones. And also your cat.
God bless.
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Thank you all for your prayers/support/welcomes back/verses. They're greatly appreciated. We're still adjusting. Things really aren't amazing after loss, but they are what they are. Might as well make the best of things.
mysngoeshere56

Return to Prayer Room