Casual Prayer Request (Nothing dire, but prayers still very much appreciated)

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Casual Prayer Request (Nothing dire, but prayers still very much appreciated)

Postby jmark » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:30 pm

I feel a little bad that I came here to share in a love of anime and yet my first official post is in the prayer request section. Sadly things at work have been a bit hectic and, add in stress of my commute, I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home. That kind of relates to what this prayer request is about. But before that, one important thing; whether or not this prayer is heard will not break me or break me. I have been blessed many times in my own times of hardship over and I know that there are others within this forum more deserving of immediate attention so I ask this of you as a "If you have a moment" prayer, if that makes sense.

I currently work for a good company but financially things continue to be somewhat tight. It pays substantially lower that the same position with other companies but at the same time allows me live a decent enough life. But there are two things that concern me. The first is that my car is on its last legs and if it goes I can't afford a new used one and wont be able to work there anymore. The other is that, since my father's passing, my mother has had a hard time financially as well. I can be there for her personally but financially have very little to offer. Yet despite her own money issues she will still call and ask if I have enough money for groceries and in fact did so just an hour ago. That hasn't been the case in a long time and it just makes me want to help her out even more.

Well, this past Sunday, while just walking around a mall to keep my mind off things I got an email on my phone from a company I had gunned for since graduating in 2007 asking what day would be good for an interview. The very next morning I sent a reply asking for any time Wednesday through Friday so I would have enough time to put in for time off from my current job. So far I haven't heard back from them but it's only been a day and a half. I'm trying to be patient but this would be a big game changer. Now, this position wouldn't leave me running out to buy an Audi A6. Maybe a Mazda 6, but more importantly I would finally be able to help out others financially as they helped me, especially my mother and that would mean a lot. Add in that it's a lot closer to where I live and wouldn't require the use Beltway 8 (AKA: The Devil's Toll Road) and there's perks all around.

If it doesn't happen I will still have a job that I don't hate which is still something to be grateful for. All the same, if you could in an idle moment say a short prayer that I do in fact hear from the company soon, that my portfolio is enough to please them and, should I get that far, when the time comes to discuss pay I wont undercut myself out of sheer desperation I would really appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to read this and the next post WILL be anime related. Promise. God bless!
"Always remember we come from a family raised on an island with a beach-based tourist economy that sold its sand because it somehow believed that brown mud was just as good. We shouldn't have hope, and yet we do." - A.C. Miranda on the subject of life on the Texas Gulf Coast.
jmark

Re: Casual Prayer Request (Nothing dire, but prayers still very much appreciated)

Postby drill » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Will be praying, jmark.
drill

Re: Casual Prayer Request (Nothing dire, but prayers still very much appreciated)

Postby PandaPop » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Praying :)
PandaPop

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Haha, don't worry, we don't mind if your first request, or the next fifteen for that matter, aren't anime-related. This is Christian Anime Alliance, after all.
Anyways, wow, that's a lot on your plate. I'm currently trying for a job that's on a number of levels substantially better than the one I currently have; and would take care of some needs in my life - had an interview last week, in fact - so I definitely know the feeling. I'll definitely be praying for you. Keep us updated!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I'll definitely be praying <3 and I agree with claec, I'm not entirely sure how you make a prayer request anime related anyhow '3'
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby anlptgtsg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:54 am

Praying. Stress really bring us all down. " I will still have a job that I don't hate" :thumbsup: Praise God.
anlptgtsg

Postby jmark » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Hey everyone. Just a little update. After going through hoops with the companies' HR department who seemed to frequently forget about my interview I finally got in for a meeting. Low and behold the guy interviewing me was a friend I went to school with. Who'da thunk it? Things went very well and I got a rather flattering follow up letter (Thought I was suppose to do that) but recently I receive an letter both the interviewer and the HR department which alluded to the fact that some inner-office politics where at play and, for the time being, the process was being placed on hold. I'm not sweating it, however. It's not over yet and other opportunities will soon be opening up. Just got to be patient. (Ugh). In the mean time, thanks again for your prayers! I really do appreciate it.
"Always remember we come from a family raised on an island with a beach-based tourist economy that sold its sand because it somehow believed that brown mud was just as good. We shouldn't have hope, and yet we do." - A.C. Miranda on the subject of life on the Texas Gulf Coast.
jmark

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear things went so well. I'll still be praying for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room