She's talking suicide...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

She's talking suicide...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 pm

My dearest friend from my youngest years. She's always been rather depressed and all that....I did my best, but I haven't seen her for almost a year now. I finally was able to reconnect with her by email....
...and she tells me she's been trying to kill herself.
Please join me in praying for her. I love her like heck, but she's always so down on herself...not that her house life is any better, so I suppose its to be expected, but....please, please pray for her.
Wolfsong

Re: She's talking suicide...

Postby Adie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 pm

:( I'll be praying for her!
Adie

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Praying! :(
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby drill » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Praying.
drill

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Uhh...what?? You need to call the police (non-emergency line) or something. If she is trying to kill herself that means she is an immediate danger to herself and specific crisis interventions are required here.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby snowcatgrlX7 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Praying
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4
snowcatgrlX7

Postby Kaori » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:40 pm

What MSP said. And if you haven't done so yet, please encourage your friend to seek some sort of ongoing professional help.

Praying that the immeasurable love of the Father, the grace of Christ who is God With Us, and the comfort of the Spirit of Truth would be with her, and that God's mercy would be over your friend, her situation, and everyone around her.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Definitely praying, Wolf.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby invaderv93 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm sorry about your friend, and I'll pray for her wellbeing. However, Mr. Smartypants is right: if this girl is actively trying to kill herself, you need to tell someone immediately. Either call the police or forward the email to her parents. This girl needs immediate psychiatric help.
invaderv93

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm

For me, thinking about suicide is a red flag already. Telling friends about it to others is probably is a sign of desperately asking for help. Maybe letting call a suicide hotline can help. Calling for someone that can help her is the best. Will be praying.
anlptgtsg

Postby Vilo159 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Praying. Best of luck to you and hr in finding her help.
Vilo159

Postby PandaPop » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:45 am

Praying for you and her wolfsong, I've been there with someone as well, I know how hard it can be :(
PandaPop

Postby RefractedAhav » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:30 pm

I just have to say that as some one who has faced this in past that the Enemy realy does come to steal kill and destroy. You can be at the best moment in your life and these kind of thoughts and feeling can creep in. I can not stand it when people treat those that are either struggling or did not make it through as if they are some how less than human. Yes murder is wrong, but every time you are angry enough to kill you commit murder in your heart. We are all guilty.

The best thing that you can do is what you are doing right now. Reach out to Christ and petition that He intervene and reveal to your friend that there is Hope and that the enemy has already been defeted. It is only in Christ that we can truly see that the world is not better off with out us or that all Hope is not lost for the only change that matters is that which is made in Him and the only Hope we have is in Him. I do not know if your friend is a believer, but weither she is or is not, continue to pray that Christ will pull her closer. This is the only thing that will not ony bring Her through now but also provide strength to face the enemy when He pulls this stunt again. If she is, and even is she is not, show her and remind her that He is Love and He is Hope.
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to Prayer Room