Trouble Sleeping

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Trouble Sleeping

Postby Lynna » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:21 am

This feels minor compared to all the other prayer requests, including my own regarding my job search, but it feels like forever since I've gotten to sleep past midnight. Sometimes it's because I have a hard time getting to bed on time, but other times I just lie in bed with my thoughts turning and this horrible twisted feeling in my stomach. I know it's probably because I'm subconciously worried about something, but I just wish it would go away, because the biggest problem is that late nights lead to sleeping in which lead to me not getting much done each day. I have around five different alarms each morning trying to wake me up, but really, if I haven't got enough sleep and I don't have school or a job, you can probably guess how effective they are.
Sorry for the mini-rant. Prayers would be much appreciated, please and thank you :)
Lynna

Re: Trouble Sleeping

Postby SilverToast » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:50 am

Praying. Sleep is very important because it can affect perception of things and performance. You probably experienced the effects of not getting enough sleep. Have you tried listening to music or reading a book before going to sleep? That might help you get distracted from the thoughts that keep you awake. I know it helps me.
SilverToast

Postby drill » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 am

Praying. Also, don't think that any prayer request is minor or insignificant. God cares about all your needs.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:22 am

Praying, Lynna. I know how that feels. Hopefully you get worked out whatever is keeping you up so you can get sufficient sleep.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Praying. Also, try drinking chamomile or peppermint tea before bedtime. The former has natural relaxing properties, and the latter can help soothe your stomach. The scent of lavender may help as well.
K. Ayato

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Thank you for your prayers and advice everyone! I've slept better these past few days :)
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Glad to hear it, Lynna. I hope it continues.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room