Scary Medical Developments

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Scary Medical Developments

Postby silvanis2.0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Hello again, praying friends. So, I've been welcomed into the magical world of testing my blood sugar levels. They gave me a meter, lancets, and test strips all up front! It turns out that I am hypoglycemic and we are not yet sure why, so I need to test my blood consistently to see if there are any patterns. It's sort of a scary place to be. I know that God has plans for me and will care for me no matter what the outcome, but right now it is hard to make trust outweigh my fear. If you have any prayers to lend, I would be very grateful.
silvanis2.0

Re: Scary Medical Developments

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Praying, Silvanis. Praying that God would give you peace in this struggle, faith to outweigh your fear, and that the blood test and other medical issues would be resolved quickly and simply. But above all, praying that God would draw you closer to Him through all of this. There's got to be a reason He wants you to go through this, and I'm praying you're able to make the most out of it.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby goldenspines » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 pm

I'll be praying, Silvanis.

Now, if you do have hypoglycemia, it's not the end of the world, believe me. :3 It comes in varying ranges of the effects it will have on you, so you do need to make sure to pay attention to how your diet affects you and ask your doctor for any advice or extra measures you can take to keep your insulin down.
I have hypoglycemia and I treat best by making sure I have enough protein in my diet, eating small meals throughout the day (no really large quantities of food, but a lot of little ones), and not having tons of sugar at any one time. As a side note, if you like milk, it will be your best friend and an easy way to get some quick protein.

But most importantly, research into this more (though wiki's article on it is a bit scary, but they illustrate the most extreme things that can happen if left untreated, so knowing you have it is half the battle to getting it treated properly!) and also, ask your doctor for advice on how to manage it AND keep track of how what you're eating affects you (if you get grumpy/tired/light headed/inability to focus/etc. then make a note of it and learn what can help prevent it).
goldenspines

Postby PandaPop » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Praying for your strength and trust in God to grow as go through this Silvanis and that you have loving people around you to help you through it as well!
PandaPop

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:26 pm

I have hypoglycemia as well. As long as I don't have long gaps (4 hours or more) between meals and have a healthy snack in between should the need arise, I'm okay.
K. Ayato

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:40 am

Thank you for the prayers and encouragement, everyone! I'm already feeling better about the whole situation. :n_n: It will definitely take some getting used to.
silvanis2.0

Return to Prayer Room