PRAY FOR PEACE IN SYRIA TODAY

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

PRAY FOR PEACE IN SYRIA TODAY

Postby Wrave » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:03 am

The Holy Father Pope Frances is asking people of all faiths to join in prayer THIS Saturday, September 7. on the vigil of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary – for a day of fasting and prayer for peace in Syria. :pinned:

This is today guys, The UN cannot do anything to stop such inhuman violence in Syria because their mandates are being vetoed by China and Russia. The USA is being threatened that military force could cause civil war meanwhile thousands of people in Syria are dying from chemical weapon attacks etc. If you were not aware that this is happening then just look it up on your favorite news centers (example: Fox news, BBC, Foreign Affairs, CNN etc.)

Our prayers today can and will impact the Syria and the world today (Prayers -> :hug: <- World/Syria.) If you don't believe me that this is happening then just look it up on your favorite news centers (example: Fox news, BBC, Foreign Affairs, CNN etc.)

NOTE: If you miss praying and fasting today feel free to pray and fast tomorrow or whenever you can because whether it be today or at the end of this year, God lives outside of time so your prayer will still count :thumb: )
Wrave

Re: PRAY FOR PEACE IN SYRIA TODAY

Postby goldenspines » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:12 pm

It's true that prayer for this is needed, yes, and I will keep it open for that purpose, but let's keep all the political topics/discussion out of it. That sort of discussion is against CAA forums rules.

I am aware this is a very touchy subject in the world right now, and if the thread continues in a political direction, it will be locked. So let this just stay a prayer thread, please.
goldenspines

Postby Crossfire » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:19 pm

As Goldy already stated, the politics involved here are a sticky issue... though I will say that I've been following the conflict semi-thoroughly as of late, and I'd like to point out that both sides are committing atrocities- there's no straight "good vs evil" battle going on here.

Regardless, you are correct, the people affected deserve thoughts and prayer.
Crossfire

Postby Wrave » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Understood. I had no intention to inject a negative or positive viewpoint toward any country or political viewpoint and I will refrain from mentioning politics :red: . Thank you so much for notifying me! :sweat:
Wrave

Postby Nate » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 am

I think as long as you don't advocate any particular course of action that other countries should or should not take (aside from saying that Assad should stop gassing his own people, which I think everybody can agree on) I don't think there's any harm in praying for peace to come to Syria, so don't feel bad!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby SnEptUne » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:37 pm

May the Lord bring peace and rest to the Syria people, to both Christian and non-Christian, to government and rebel, for "there is no difference, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" Amen
SnEptUne

Return to Prayer Room