Looking for a job

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Looking for a job

Postby Lynna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:06 am

Like many other people here, I'm looking for a job, which isn't always easy in a town as small as mine. I went to the employment center and found three housekeeping positions I could apply for. They are all seasonal, so they only last about a month, which isn't too much of a problem, as I can just find another job then. The problem is that they are all around half an hour away, in the mountains. I am still learning to drive, which means that my Dad would have to take two hours out of his day to drive me there and then drive back, and then again to pick me up, not to mention that it would only be fair that I would pay for the extra gas money. So, please pray that if I get one of these jobs, my pay would be enough to make the extra time and money worth it, and if not, that I would be able to find a job closer to where I live.
Thank you!
Lynna

Re: Looking for a job

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:55 am

Praying.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Praying.
drill

Postby Lynna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed! I found a job posting for a convenience store not far from my house, and I'm having a job interview tomorrow! Please pray that it goes well.
Lynna

Postby drill » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Oh wow, that's great Lynna! I'll continue to pray for you.
drill

Postby Lynna » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 am

I got the job!! :D Thanks again!
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Praise the Lord! Congrats on the new job, Lynna!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby drill » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm

That's great news Lynna! Hope you enjoy your job. :D
drill

Postby Lynna » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 pm

I did...until they realised that they'd hired too many people, and I was given up because I wasn't learning as fast as the other new person. I'm super disappointed, because I really liked the job and it was so close to my house. But I'm moving on. There's another cashier job in town I'm going to apply for, and I'm going to see if if the nearby cafe will take me .
Please pray that this doesn't repeat, and that I will not only be able to find a job, but keep it.
Thank you! :)
Lynna

Postby John_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Their loss.
Praying for you, Lynna. God's got something out there for you.
John_Smith

Postby drill » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:18 am

Really sorry it didnt work out, still praying for you Lynna.
drill

Postby PandaPop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Praying for you Lynna, living in an area with a very high unemployment rate I know how stressful job hunting can be, the more prayer the better, and I second what John_Smith said Gods got something out there for you :)
PandaPop

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Ah, sorry to hear that, Lynna. Still praying.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 am

Lynna wrote:I did...until they realised that they'd hired too many people, and I was given up because I wasn't learning as fast as the other new person. I'm super disappointed, because I really liked the job and it was so close to my house. But I'm moving on. There's another cashier job in town I'm going to apply for, and I'm going to see if if the nearby cafe will take me .
Please pray that this doesn't repeat, and that I will not only be able to find a job, but keep it.
Thank you! :)

This happened to me in the past too. And they didn't even tell me - I found out by ringing them about the start work date.

Don't give up - I am employed now but have been made redundant twice within two years in the past due to the economy...
Sammy Boy

Postby Lynna » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone ^_^ I handed my resume out a bunch of places yesturday and the day before, and one of them got back to me today to arrange an interview. It's a grocery store that'll take longer for me to get to, but its more likely to be a job I'll keep. Please pray that the interview goes well!
Last edited by Lynna on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Still praying.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:38 pm

I wasn't sure whether or not to make a separate thread for this, but decided that it can go here.
So, it's been a while, and I still haven't been able to find a job in my area. My mom has suggested that I go to live in Calgary with my Aunt. Calgary is an eight hour's drive away from where I live, and I'm not particularly eager to go there. I've never lived in a city for more than a month, and I don't like the idea that if I start working so far away, I may not be able to come home for Christmas (And, incidentally, my birthday, which is a day after). However, when I prayed about it, I felt distinctly that God wants me to go, although I'm not really sure if I really heard him, or if it was just me jumping to the most likely solution.
As you can imagine, I feel a bit conflicted as to what to do. I had wanted to stay in my home town for just a bit longer. But I've been wanting to go to a YWAM Discipleship Training School in Tokyo next year, and I want to at least be able to pay for most of it myself, because my parent's aren't doing very well financially.
So, please pray that I'll be able to decide what to do, and that unless God really does want me to move, I'll get a job here so that I won't have to. Thank you.
Lynna

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Sounds tough...I'll be praying for you :) both that you can find a job in your area and for Gods will. I have been thinking about the same YWAM program myself! I'll pray that if its Gods will you can go :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 am

Oh, wow. Big decisions. I'll be praying for you, Lynna. Stay in prayer and in the Word, and He'll show you what He wants you to do.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:40 am

I've just prayed for you. Will continue to do so.
Sammy Boy

Postby Lynna » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 pm

It's been a while. I decided to go through with it and move to Calgary. I'm leaving on Friday, and am a bit overwhelmed by all the things I need to get done beforehand, including a driver's test tomorrow that I don't feel prepared for. Please pray that I will get everything done in time, pass my driver's test, and be able to find a job quickly once I'm there. Thank you everyone for all the prayers and support :)
Lynna

Postby anlptgtsg » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:38 am

praying
anlptgtsg

Postby drill » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:09 am

Still praying, Lynna.
drill

Return to Prayer Room