Mom needs surgery

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Mom needs surgery

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Hey everybody, so I've come to share some important news with you all. To put it short, my mom is in great need. Prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Basically, my mom's been having issues with her legs lately... She's had them for awhile, and they've been swelling and such for no reason. When it started, she figured it was probably a result of the stress she was facing at work and with her finances (if you've known me for awhile, you've probably already seen some of what I've said about it). She thought it'd go away by itself soon, but it didn't, so we started to get concerned. We were worried that it might be dangerous and/or fatal, so she went to see a doctor (and he's one that we've known for a long time, so we know we can trust him). The good news, it's not fatal. The bad news is, she does have bad veins in her legs (likely a genetic trait that affects the women in our family), but it's easily fixed with surgery. She can live without the surgery, but she'd live with discomfort and swelling until it happens and might get varicose veins from it (the doctor said it's actually a miracle that she doesn't already have them, thank the Lord). But with insurances and costs changing this past year, the cost of the surgery is actually going to go up quite a bit. I know her doctor will work with her, but we still have no idea what we're going to do about this... It breaks my heart that she's going through this, and it drives me crazy that I can't do more. I honestly wish somebody would employ me just so I could somehow help save money...

She already knows that her doctor is truthful with her and will be able to perform the surgery she'll need. He's not the type to tell her that she needs surgery when there are other options, and has said that she can live without it. But the truth is, it keeps her back from exercising and getting in shape, which she needs/wants to do because her health isn't as good as it used to be. As such, she really does need this surgery if she's going to be able to progress in life they way she wants/needs to. She can't do that without her legs functioning properly.

I've been trying to think of everything I can do to save up money. Much to my dismay (and the dismay of some in the department I'm sure, when I tell them), I've decided it's probably best for me not to take dance in the Fall. It's sad for us all, especially since dance is such a HUGE part of my life. But I have legitimate reasons for it. For one, I'm going to be full-time at my new college. I did well during the summer but this is a whole new experience with full-term courses and onsite courses. So I'll need the time to digest everything new. I'm doing this because mom could use the extra money on her tax returns. For another, the dance classes would cost money, which I can't spend if she's going to have her surgery. Since the surgery will cost quite a bit, even with insurance, I've decided that I'm going to start pinching as much as I can until it's done. She tells me not to worry about it, but it breaks my heart to see her dealing with sore legs all the time. I just can't let her live like this. After all, she's already made a sacrifice for me by not getting it done right away to make sure we keep a roof over our heads. It's the least I could do for her.

When it comes to our family, they typically fit into one of 3 categories: 1) they don't have any idea and/or just don't understand what's going on in our lives, 2) they straight-up don't care about what's going on in our lives, or 3) they've passed away so they (obviously) can't help. There are really only 2 family members who I know would help us, but one is elderly and currently being cared for after retirement, and the other struggles financially as much as we do, so they can't help. To top it off, she's a single parent and I'm an only child, so we're basically in this on our own... but thankfully no matter what, God will be with us.

Anyway, I just wanted to... please... ask for your prayers. I'm already talking with my friends about how we can raise the funds she needs to have this procedure done. I really want to see it happen, regardless of the financial issues we've been facing.
mysngoeshere56

Re: Mom needs surgery

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:16 pm

It sounds like you guys are in a tough situation. Our thoughts are with you both.
Sammy Boy

Postby drill » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Praying.
drill

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm very sorry you're going through all that. I'll be praying, and may God grant you the resources you need.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:42 am

Praying, Sno.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:49 am

Praying
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Koneko-chan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:11 am

Praying.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 pm

What condition is it, specifically?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 am

Thank you everybody. And I don't remember the exact name of the condition. I'm fairly certain they said, but the exact name was long, so they just called it "bad veins" throughout the discussion for the sake of convenience. The condition basically causes the blood to flow abnormally (up when it should go down, and down when it should go up, or something like that). I'll have to ask. The surgery would basically serve to correct the issue so the blood will flow normally in her legs' veins again.
mysngoeshere56

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:16 am

My prayers.
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
"What is it? There's no need to yell in unison!" -L, English Dub
silvanis2.0

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:54 am

Thank you. Classes started back up today. It's going to be a long semester because I had to get enough courses to be full-time make sure I got the most I could for financial aid. The more credits I take, the more financial aid I get, and I could bring back what's left over back to help pay for this. It'll be hard, but my mom's totally worth it. Please pray for God's guidance throughout these courses.
mysngoeshere56

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 am

You're doing great work. This will certainly be in my prayers.
Jingo Jaden

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:32 am

Thank you everybody. The first week of school had a ton of stressers - both for my mom and for me. I don't have time to type them all out, but know that they've mostly been resolved and your prayers have been and are still appreciated. And I have a few ideas on how to help raise funds; please pray that 1) my mom's work schedule goes all right and she makes enough money for this, 2) either a) my ideas for fund raising work or b) God provides another way somehow, and 3) for my schoolwork to continue to go well in spite of all the stress that's been going on. I'm not sure when I'll update this next, because it may be awhile before anything that's worth mentioning happens (since we have to raise funds and all), but I'll update when something happens - for better or worse. Thanks!
mysngoeshere56

Postby goldenspines » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 am

I'm a bit late in responding to this thread, but praying for you and your mom, Sno. Hope things look up soon.
goldenspines

Return to Prayer Room