Prayer Answered?

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer Answered?

Postby Midknight74012 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Good news, I finally got a job interview with a big electronics company, Honeywell. And just how big? It's international. And I got called in for the interview and starting at $10-14/hour depending on skills and experience. It's a new job like I've been praying for. But is this the work of God? It's in Olathe, KS which is 3 hours 45 minutes away, give or take, and that would mean I have to move into a new state and city. And to top it off, my current job at Sonic is about to lose all it's assistant managers and there's no one to replace so far or even hold down the fort till they can refill the positions. My manager was trying to guilt me in to staying at Sonic but I can't take the stress anymore and the disrespect I get from several of the employees. I started as a good leader, but I lost touch and I just can't take it anymore.
Midknight74012

Re: Prayer Answered?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Praying that God gives you the insight and guidance to know what you're supposed to do. This sounds like a big decision. I know how you feel as far as your current job situation. Sounds a lot like a setting I just came out of, and I know what you mean as far as not being able to take the stress. I'll be praying.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Midknight74012 wrote:Good news, I finally got a job interview with a big electronics company, Honeywell. And just how big? It's international. And I got called in for the interview and starting at $10-14/hour depending on skills and experience. It's a new job like I've been praying for. But is this the work of God? It's in Olathe, KS which is 3 hours 45 minutes away, give or take, and that would mean I have to move into a new state and city. And to top it off, my current job at Sonic is about to lose all it's assistant managers and there's no one to replace so far or even hold down the fort till they can refill the positions. My manager was trying to guilt me in to staying at Sonic but I can't take the stress anymore and the disrespect I get from several of the employees. I started as a good leader, but I lost touch and I just can't take it anymore.

Hey, my dad used to work for Honeywell. And I used to work for Sonic.

Praying that God gives you wisdom, but, from a human perspective... GET THE HECK OUT OF SONIC! Are you kidding? I know it's a big step and it's pretty far away, but if you get a job offer from a big electronics company, that's not something just anybody can get... unlike a job at Sonic. Don't let your manager try to guilt you into staying at that black hole. Your manager will find other employees, and probably really fast. But you don't get an opportunity like Honeywell every day. I'd say moving to a new place would be totally worth it, and it'll look way better on a resume than Sonic. You'll have way more opportunities for advancement, both within Honeywell, and with other potential employers.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Midknight74012 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:07 pm

So far, Yuki has my favorite post. lol
Midknight74012

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Seriously why the HECK would you stay at sonic? Go for it and take that opportunity you have!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:57 pm

If God wants you to take the job in KS, He'll provide a means for you to have a place to live and everything else you'll need in that realm. I say go for it and see what happens.
K. Ayato

Postby Midknight74012 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 am

Oh perfect... a friend of mine, not Christian, told me about her husband's father who might be looking for people to hire here in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area. And the kicker, I'm the godfather to her two daughters. If I take the job here in Tulsa, I would have to turn down a big awesome, international company for the sake of two little girls. If I manage to get in to Honeywell and take it, it'll make things tough to come and visit, especially with a 4 hour drive.
Midknight74012

Postby Xeno » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Stop. Stop this now. Being a godfather doesn't make you responsible for her kids. You don't have to visit them all the time and they aren't your family. Take the Honeywell job and get out of Oklahoma. This is not a hard decision, you're just making it hard because you want it to be. If I got a job offer that was going to give me pay that was around $6 more, better conditions, and more opportunity I would take it even if it meant moving to Maine.
Xeno

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Xeno wrote:Stop. Stop this now. Being a godfather doesn't make you responsible for her kids. You don't have to visit them all the time and they aren't your family. Take the Honeywell job and get out of Oklahoma. This is not a hard decision, you're just making it hard because you want it to be. If I got a job offer that was going to give me pay that was around $6 more, better conditions, and more opportunity I would take it even if it meant moving to Maine.

Here here! As a kid I lived 4 hours away from all of my extended family and I still saw them enough to be close to them and feel like they were an important part of my life. You can still be a part of the lives of those girls without living in the same town, and being a godfather shouldn't dominate your life. Boundaries, my friend.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Midknight74012 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:23 am

Update: I had a real good interview on Monday. I did mess up on identifying component parts and that's something I need to freshen up on. Been like 4 years since I graduated college, so of course I needed it. However, the good part, I did do great on trouble shooting, even getting a part where most people miss. And after that, i asked for a tour for the area so i can see where I'll be working in. Both people, interviewer and shift supervisor, didn't seem to expect me to ask for a tour so I'm sure I hit the nail on the head there. I got the next two days off. I need some sleep, tea to wake up the brain, and the one and only book that might help.
Midknight74012

Return to Prayer Room