My caregiver

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My caregiver

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Just got some very bad news. My caregiver just called and said she is in the hospital. She started not feeling well today. Went to the hospital. Was slurring her speech. She said that she had a stroke. She was talking with me on the phone (we only talked for about 3-4 minutes) and sounded rough.

Please pray for her, friends. Please. Not only does she help care for several people, but she is taking care of her mother and her husband. She pours herself out for other people --she loves genuinely and unconditionally. I see God's love in her. This is heartbreaking. I care very deeply about her. I feel so lost without her here to help during the week.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: My caregiver

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 am

Definitely praying, Sheenar. I'm so sorry to hear this. But God will work it out according to His will. I'll be praying earnestly for her.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Praying.
drill

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks, friends. I don't yet have any updates, but will let y'all know.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Update: my caregiver is home from the hospital. Doctor said she has to start taking things easier (and not overwork herself anymore). She wants to come back to working for me (since I don't have many hours of care), but will be out at least 2-3 weeks to recover and then re-evaluate how she feels/is doing.

Please continue to pray for her. Above all (even if she does not return to working with me), I want her to be able to be with her family and enjoy them.

And pray for me --I am trying to find someone to fill in while she's gone. I asked one of the staff members at church to put the word out. It's hard without her here to help.

Sheenar

Postby drill » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 am

Still praying Sheenar.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:59 am

Always praying.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Praying.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sheenar » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 pm

My caregiver called me before I went to work today to let me know that she is coming in briefly on Monday to do some light work. I tried to tell her to take it easy and not worry about coming in so soon, but she said she really needs the paycheck.

I'm concerned about her. I don't want her to push herself. Please continue to pray.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 pm

She came in Monday and yesterday --doing very light duty. She comes back tomorrow and Friday.

I am concerned because her left side is noticeably weak and her gait is really off. I keep asking her if she's sure she's okay to work --and she says she is taking it easy and will be okay. But I am still worried about her.

Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room