Starting my new job

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Starting my new job

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:11 pm

I am starting a new part-time job tomorrow!! My first job in almost 2 years!

I will be doing data entry at a learning center 15 hours a week. I am nervous, but am looking forward to it. I am praying that I can sustain this position. I want to work! I just pray my body cooperates.

Please pray, friends. Thank you. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Starting my new job

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Praying, Sheenar. It's so good to hear you got this job. I'm excited for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Praying.
drill

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:50 pm

So, the past month has been a bit crazy.

When I started working at the center, we had 150 students --but when school started, we suddenly had 210. Started working later (until 9 pm most nights that I worked) and was really struggling physically and getting pretty stressed --could not keep up with the sheer volume of folders to enter into the system.

Also, had a snafu in the plans for transportation once voc. rehab was no longer able to pay for it --so for a bit, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep my job.

Anyway, on Monday I went in for my shift (got a ride there and took a taxi home) --my supervisor offered me a different position at the center --said that I do excellent work, but she noticed how much I was struggling and wanted to see me do well --so she offered to move me to a grader position (grading student worksheets) helping a coworker with the Reading grading. That coworker made a very gracious offer to give me rides to and from work (I insisted that she allow me to pay her gas money).

So, praise God! My transportation issue has been resolved! And I will now be in a position where I will have slightly less hours and hopefully less stress (will still need to work quickly, but it should go more smoothly --I'm willing to give it my best effort, anyway). SO happy that I get to keep my job! :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Congrats. :) You don't work at Kumon do you? xD
DaughterOfZion

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:27 am

Praise the Lord! That's so good to hear, Sheenar! I'm really glad for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm

DaughterOfZion wrote:Congrats. :) You don't work at Kumon do you? xD

I do work at a Kumon center, actually. haha

Sheenar

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Very nice. xD I worked at a center as a grader during high school so when you mentioned data entry and worksheets I wondered. lol I hope it continues to be a good thing for you. :3
DaughterOfZion

Return to Prayer Room