Trying to Make a Start

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Trying to Make a Start

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:22 am

Hello praying friends!
My fiance and I have been engaged for almost a year now, and we feel very ready to be married on a spiritual and emotional level. The problem is that we cannot yet afford married life. I have just recently graduated college and have not yet found a steady job. That's really the only block before us right now. If I could find a decent job, we could afford a place to live, food, gas, and various insurances when we finally do tie the knot.
To complicate things, my fiance is coming to the end of a room-mate situation and will soon be homeless if we can't find somewhere that he can afford to stay on his meager salary. We both know that God always has a plan and have been clinging to Romans 8:28 for dear life, but it's hard not to be a little scared. If you would, please pray that some opportunities would open up for us soon and that we would be attentive enough to see them. And, if you would, please pray for our emotional fortitude during this rough time.
Thank you so much for reading this, and God bless!
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
"What is it? There's no need to yell in unison!" -L, English Dub
silvanis2.0

Re: Trying to Make a Start

Postby drill » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:26 am

Will be praying.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Definitely praying. That's pretty rough, but it's good to see you're still depending on God. He'll bless you for it.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm

What's wrong with extending the engagement period for another year? I understand how most couples like to get married within a year of being engaged, but it's not the end of the world for you if you have to wait longer.

I'm not out to disappoint you, but being ready on both a spiritual and emotional level as you described it isn't enough. He needs to have a means to support not just himself, but also you and any little ones that might come into the picture. Any debts need to be paid off well before you get married. I can't vouch for your parents, but I'm sure they want to be at peace knowing their daughter is being taken care of by a husband who's not afraid of hard work and is providing for both of them in their lives together.

You're on the right track in asking for prayers, but I also hope both of you are planning for marriage with the right reasons. I say this as someone who got married and chose not to consider what friends and family were telling me and unfortunately has to deal with the consequences of poor decisions. Trust me. It takes a lot more work than having a relationship with God and feelings for each other. I strongly suggest pre-marital counseling (if you're not involved with it already) 'cause you both can have dreams of how married life can be and be caught totally off guard when faced with cold, hard reality.
Praying you both have peace and that the right decisions are made.
K. Ayato

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:17 pm

So, happy update! My fiance found a place to live at a price well within his salary! No homelessness for him, and it´s a huge weight lifted from both of our shoulders. Thank you for the prayers.

And never fear, K.Ayato, we are being quite careful, getting ready to start pre-marital counseling, and aren´t making any moves until we are stable enough. :) It was merely the stable enough part I was asking for prayer for, since it´s hard to find work where we are and he was close to not having a place to live. <3
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
silvanis2.0

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 am

Praise the Lord! That's great to hear. I'll still be praying for you. Glad to see things are moving for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby silvanis2.0 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 am

Thanks, Claec! ^^ God is always good!
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
silvanis2.0

Return to Prayer Room