Okami’s Mental Health Report

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Okami’s Mental Health Report

Postby Okami » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

K. Ayato wrote:Good to know that you're beginning to see that some of your deep-set beliefs about yourself were based in lies. Not easy to deal with, but you've come a long way in just a short amount of time. I know you can do it :).

Indeed. It's certainly not easy, as you said, but it's been worth it! :)

---

Kentucky was awesome. I detail what all's been going on in that front on my blog. Went through counseling tonight - an interesting turn of events (I couldn't remember when I would go in for my session this week :sweat:) as today is my six-year anniversary of the day I began self-injuring. It allowed me to talk through some of what this day means to me before moving on to other things....which sadly did not include some things I really want to dive into.

I'm realizing my hesitance isn't going to help me be open about those things....I know that comes from the fact that I've never talked about this stuff before (with the exception of in my ministry team) and I've never considered actually getting to understand why those things happened until now. I'm just praying for the strength to get in the mud my next appointment, because I can't keep beating around the bush, despite how good my life is right now. So....yeah, just pray in two weeks I would be open about those things.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Praying, Okami. I know how it is to know you need to say something, but somehow manage to hold it in. I'll be praying you get a chance to get into what you feel the Lord wants you to talk about next time.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Okami wrote:While I know that's not exactly giving anything away, we came to find some core belief issues that have been present in my life in the form of lies. Because that door's been opened, I can now see myself digging down deeper into areas that I've not brought up in a counseling setting before...I'm simply praying for the timing to line itself up, because I know those things will be uncomfortable, but I also know it needs to happen for my continued healing.

I'm thinking that CBT is working out for ya then? =)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Okami » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:59 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Praying, Okami. I know how it is to know you need to say something, but somehow manage to hold it in. I'll be praying you get a chance to get into what you feel the Lord wants you to talk about next time.

Thanks Cece! Yeah...I know I tried to "spit out" those topics, but the conversation was flowing so fast through the hour that my attempts sort of drowned. I'll have to be more assertive and up-front about wanting to talk about those things next time! I know God has this stuff on my heart for a reason... I appreciate your prayers. :)

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I'm thinking that CBT is working out for ya then? =)

DBT and CBT together, yep! :thumb:
Okami

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Oh yes. DBT has some pretty serious credibility going on with it (especially for people with BPD). Anyway kudos to being able to take those steps forward! It's very courageous of you.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Okami » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:07 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Oh yes. DBT has some pretty serious credibility going on with it (especially for people with BPD). Anyway kudos to being able to take those steps forward! It's very courageous of you.

Thank you. It's definitely been the hardest thing I've ever done, especially now that repressed memories are coming back to me after 8-10+ years of being shoved away.

---

That being said, dealing with said memories and the myriad of emotions that they have brought up is super difficult. I was tired going into counseling this week, and exhausted by the time the session was up. It's really, really hard to talk about hard stuff in the first place, and even harder doing it while on the verge of tears the whole way through.

With other things going on at the moment as well, I'd consider myself to be in a "soft" depression, mostly from being overwhelmed. Overwhelmed from having to keep up with the work of counseling, the emotions, and trying to figure out how to forge ahead without falling back into negative coping habits and replacing those with healthy alternatives...which when some of those things have been there for almost my whole life, that's just hard.

I'm not giving up. I know God has brought me to this point to be able to handle my past, or else the Spirit would have never brought these things to my attention. I don't like it, but now that these things have been exposed, it's time to deal with them appropriately.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Looks like you're getting ready to make some serious headway. I'll be praying that you get through this smoothly, and that the Lord gives you strength to resolve it.
Also, it's awesome to hear that you're not giving up. Just keep trusting in Him (not that I need to tell you that :lol: ).
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Looks like you're getting ready to make some serious headway. I'll be praying that you get through this smoothly, and that the Lord gives you strength to resolve it.
Also, it's awesome to hear that you're not giving up. Just keep trusting in Him (not that I need to tell you that :lol: ).

Working on it.

---

And, it appears as of right now I've begun 'forging ahead' in the exact way I didn't want to. *sigh* :( By the end of therapy tonight, my counselor looked at me and asked, "Do you do hugs? Because you look like you need one." "Yeah..." and after hugging me said, "Be strong."
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 am

*hugs*

I've been bad about doing the homework my counselor gave me (thought logging). It's like I don't want to face the thoughts that keep running through my head.

I'm continuing to pray for you, dear friend. *hugs*
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 am

Praying, Okami. I wish there was something I could do to help you!

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 am

Sheenar wrote:*hugs*

I've been bad about doing the homework my counselor gave me (thought logging). It's like I don't want to face the thoughts that keep running through my head.

I'm continuing to pray for you, dear friend. *hugs*

I feel that. *hugs* In regards to what all I'm working through I believe the thought that came up was, "You'd rather sacrifice yourself than risk being open." Yikes. Ouch. But....yeah. Two weeks ago she called me out in that I haven't been writing or journaling (especially since she's moved me beyond emotion logging). And I could have every excuse in the book, but that wouldn't help my progress any.

ClaecElric4God wrote:Praying, Okami. I wish there was something I could do to help you!

Trust me, you're not the only one in that position. :red:
Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Status update...
Hm...

My counselor actually gave me some good info regarding the main character of my novel, helping me to flesh out some of the trauma he goes through. She was kind of surprised with the challenge of 50,000 words in a month that I'm taking on for NaNoWriMo, but sees how writing is helping some to turn me away from my negative coping habits.

After tonight's discussion, I realized I really needed to stop dragging my heels on a certain issue and pursue answers. Didn't get much, but after six weeks of trying to keep it covered up and buried, at least now I can say I did something about it. *shrugs*

Small victories, I guess. Doesn't feel like much in light of everything, but it's something.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Good job, Okami. You're moving forward, and that's what counts. You're always in my prayers.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Good job, Okami. You're moving forward, and that's what counts. You're always in my prayers.

Thank you. Feels like one step forward, two steps back, but I'm stumbling right on through. :sweat:

---

Last night's session was just an awkward train wreck. We're working on piecing together underlying reasons for the struggles I'm dealing with, which meant quickly processing memories. There's concern over how little I remember from before my parent's separation when I was nine and as a result, I'm coming to the conclusion that my biggest struggle is anxiety-based, because even as a child that's where it seems rooted.

Sorry for the vagueness, otherwise I would have to post over in Mature prayer topics, and I want to keep this thread on track. I've got three weeks now before my next appointment (yay, holiday season :mutter: ) so I'm praying that gives me some time to step back and consciously work on stopping my impulsiveness.

In other words, please be praying I would step up and trust God as I go through this, moment by moment. I know I can't do this alone.
Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:40 am

The first week and a half didn't go so well. Stopping my impulsivity is quite the chore. But I've learned a good bit coming out of that mess... It takes time, it takes patience, it takes recognition, and there's no sense in me getting frustrated when things aren't coming together like I planned, because I'll set myself up for disappointment when they do.

So I keep moving forward, hoping and praying that in every moment, I'm growing.
Okami

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Mindfulness, mindfulness, mindfulness! Mindfulness is key!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Okami » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Mindfulness, mindfulness, mindfulness! Mindfulness is key!

*takes a deep breath* Mm, yes, indeed it is.

I know things do get better, I've had success in the past...and I know I can obtain that here and now. Moments come and moments go.
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:16 pm

*hugs*, dear friend.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 pm

I don't really want to dive into everything, but last night was my final session with my counselor... :sniffle:
I wrote a poem to try and wrap my mind around everything.
Okami

Postby Okami » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 am

It's been a week. Woof. I'm not coping well at all...

I'll be moving on Saturday and I'm scrambling to be packed and ready. (This is what I didn't want to dive into in my post last week ^ ) I'm frustrated and scared, as I don't do change well. I'm afraid of myself and for my future. And I'm not doing so great trusting God in all this, either. :stressed: It's like, come on, you're better than this, Okami! But at the same time...this is where I am, doubtful and confused. *sigh*
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm praying for you, Okami.
:hug: And I'm rooting for you. Hang in there. I know I don't need to tell you this, but I'll say it anyway. God is good, and He's bigger than your problems. Hang in there.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:44 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:I'm praying for you, Okami.
:hug: And I'm rooting for you. Hang in there. I know I don't need to tell you this, but I'll say it anyway. God is good, and He's bigger than your problems. Hang in there.

Thanks, Cece. It's just tough when I'm so damned frazzled with everything going on. It's like there's been no time to slow down and catch my breath in this. I'm angry, bitter, and self-destructive, and it's no conducive mental environment for healing. :mutter: :shake: Yet I know somewhere in this, God is there... People keep telling me how this could be a good thing, but right now, I just don't see it because I'm scared. :( All of it has me realizing that here is not where I want to be. I'm shut down and giving the typical response of "I'm fine." ...Oh, acronyms. But all of it is also having me realize what I'm needing to eliminate in my life - the self-destructive, impulsive choices - and truly work on being gentle with myself when I am especially not doing okay, even when I'm putting on the fake-happy mask. :bang:

Ugh, this is why I shouldn't post when I'm emotional...sorry for the rant. :bootout:
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Praying for you, dear friend. *hugs*

I've been in that mindset many times. It sucks. Praise God He is faithful even when we are faithless and are struggling to cling to hope and truth.

You are loved! <3

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Sheenar wrote:Praying for you, dear friend. *hugs*

I've been in that mindset many times. It sucks. Praise God He is faithful even when we are faithless and are struggling to cling to hope and truth.

You are loved! <3

Thank you, Sheena. *hugs* It is good to know that I am not alone...and that I am loved even in the midst of this. It's difficult, and it's all the more tough knowing I need constant reminding of these things. Praise Him, indeed. Praise Him that in these last few days I have been able to keep most of the impulses contained. It's not been a perfect struggle, but in comparison to previous weeks, the last few days haven't been so bad. :sweat:

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Okami

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Merry Christmas Okami. ☻

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Okami » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm struggling and anxious. :red: I have an appointment tonight with a new therapist...It's likely this counseling will not be long-term because I can't afford it.
But as far as my diagnoses go, she is a specialist, so I'm hoping she will be able to refer me elsewhere if it's needed.

Please pray for wisdom as I go through my story.
Okami

Postby anlptgtsg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 am

Praying it goes well.
anlptgtsg

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:48 am

Praying, Okami.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks guys. It was difficult. I only got through a fraction of my story...

I was sent home with a no-harm contract (*sigh* :shake: ) and a request to join her weekly DBT skills group.

I'm having a rough time actually conceding to sign the contract. Not that I don't want to stop the self-destructive impulses; rather, I've been through this before, and know how easy it is to break contract, which only leads to feeling worse. I'm just trying to stay afloat while I figure out what's going on. God, where are You?
Okami

Postby LupoRedgrave » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Praying for you Okami!
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Previous Next

Return to Prayer Room