Timeline of Major Events:
July 2013-March 2015July 2013
- started this thread as a way to process the journey of my mental health, beginning specifically with the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder.
-- misread my other diagnosis (Major Depression) as Bipolar Disorder due to a closeness in the numbers used in the ICD-10 format.
-- Started talking to an old high school friend regularly; you'll see him here as Ryosuke.
-- Blog: Midnight PrayersAugust 2013
- I quit my medications and tried to do things on my own after experiencing a spiritual high and deliverance from demonization.September 2013
- Blog: Freedom, Healing, and DeliveranceDecember 2013
- I had a life transition, moving across the state of Michigan to live at my dad's after being kicked out of my mom's house.
-- Blog: Textbook: A PoemJanuary 2014
- I crashed, hard, spiraled into mania, and was hospitalized. Re-medicated and I hated it.
-- I was officially diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder (NOS - Not Otherwise Specified), but they took away my Borderline diagnosis. I was not happy.
Three weeks later...February 2014
- I had a flashback and was re-hospitalized. I cannot give an answer as to whether I intended to end my life in cutting that night.
-- I truly believe Ryosuke saved my life; he is the one who convinced me to seek help.
-- was diagnosed with Bipolar I Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder.
-- Blog: Adventures in ManiaMarch 2014
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Panic Disorder added to my list of official diagnoses
-- Ryosuke and I begin datingApril 2014
- Blog: Falling Into Place
-- Blog: Dating? But You're Celibate!June 2014
- Ryosuke and I are engaged. Mixed response: "About **** time!!" to "Aren't you guys...going a little fast?" Regardless of feelings, we are supported.July~August 2014
- my mental health starts getting frazzled again, mostly due to wedding planning stress. (Little did I know...) August 2014
- I get to say the official "YES!" to marriage with a true ring proposal. October 2014
- after months of searching and praying, Ryosuke is the one to find us a place to live.November 2014
- I move into our apartment. My mental health is further frazzled. I am rapid-cycling and dissociating often. December 2014
- MARRIAGE. #WolfAndBearWedding
--Dissociation is frequent. With wedding stress gone, I am struggling as to why my emotions are this way. January~March 2015
- Marriage is amazing. I love my husband so much. We are searching for answers to my current mental health issues. March 2015
- Dissociation is getting better. The only time it's happening is during high stress conversations. I am learning ways to cope with this.
-- Blog: Self-Injury Awareness Day: Seasons of ChangeApril 2015
- I am approved for SSI! May 2015
- Dissociation and mental health gets really bad.
Ryosuke spends time home with me, using FMLA after a bad med switch. He is suspended indefinitely from work, the company stating he was never approved....June-August 2015
- things start slowly recovering. Finances are tight due to Ryosuke's unemployment. We are making ends meet by the grace of God.