Okami’s Mental Health Report

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Okami’s Mental Health Report

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:29 am

I'm sorry, my friend! Praying for you. <3
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:03 am

Praying, Okami.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Ryosuke » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:57 pm

I was doing my best to reassure my wolfy that her pdoc wouldn't force an alteration with meds or appointments. In actuality, he reduced the frequency of the appointments <3
All the prayers are appreciated along with the loving words. Thank you everyone =')
Ryosuke

Postby Okami » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Your support makes even the hardships a little easier to bear, Ryosuke...Thank you, my love. That even in resulting arguments, stress, and chaos we communicate and work things through. It's a blessing.

An update for everyone else: I've been feeling lost and numb. "Unsafe", if you will. I need a place of my own to call home, so please pray for us as we search for an apartment. I have a feeling this will ease some of the weight of feeling like a burden and to be a little more settled, so my mind can have some peace again.

You're all rock stars for praying with me through this! :thumb:
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Praying, Okami. *hug*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Praying Okami. Hang in there!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Sheenar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:15 am

Praying, dear friend!! I'm sorry I am late in responding to this --I am catching up on threads.

You are loved greatly! Praying you find a good apartment --I know well how that search goes and how stressful it can be.

I am always here via PM if you need to talk --I am a good listener (or I try to be). :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:00 pm

MUST I ALWAYS REMEMBER ALL THAT I WANT TO FORGET?! :sniffle:

I had a panic attack almost instantaneously as I saw the clock transition to midnight an hour ago. It's been seven years since this hell began...since I...started cutting.
Okami

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Are you all right now? I happen to be up, so I'm here. May God hold you and give you what you need.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Ryosuke » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:09 pm

I love you Kady! You give me hope I didn't have before, and I can be strong because I have you. You see all the cracks in me and for once I feel like I'm worth something... And I know I've been healing because of you and God's Grace. You are my physical reminder of God's love for me, and every day I want to cherish the gift of our love. Today will be about making new memories, and I hope we're off to a good start <3. I love you with all that I have, and I promise to hold you through the hard times. To care for your wounds and give you a safe place for your heart to rest, break down, and know we'll gently and lovingly piece back together. You do so much for me, and I am blessed to have you. I thank God every day for you, and I am excitedly and impatiently awaiting our wedding, and our life together from then on <3
Ryosuke

Postby firestorm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 pm

praying for you okami! :D
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Okami » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Since I didn't respond to messages prior to Tuesday - thank you Cece, Wolf, and Sheena. Your support and prayers mean a lot. :)

Mullet, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, but your willingness to be here for me is also very appreciated!
Thank you for your prayers, too, Firestorm!

And Joe, of course I have to respond to you entirely separately...As my fiance, you know more than words can speak the impact words have on me. I love you. I appreciate all you do for me, for us. I can't wait to see what God has in store for our future together, and I am blessed for the moments of healing and memories, as the last several days have been, as busy as they have also been. Wordswordswords. :lick:

What's there more to say? Because of the nature this time of year represents, September 30~October 2 or so is always difficult. Joe has done a tremendous job in keeping me safe these last few days, and I am grateful. I'm currently trying to assess and determine if my mental health is deteriorating or if it's still just stress. Just...thank you guys for praying for me over the last few days, for tolerating and loving me even in the midst of Tuesday's panic...Maybe someday the scars won't be so prominent. Until then, well, I guess we're along for the ride. ;)

Please continue to keep our whole finding-living-arrangements thing in prayer; I'm anxious and it's driving me up a wall. :mutter:
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:28 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this! I haven't checked CAA since Sunday. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you were dealing with that on Tuesday.

Continuing to pray for you! You are loved!

Sheenar

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Still praying Okami. Hang in there!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Okami » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Thank you, Sheena. Thank you, Wolf.
And it's okay, Sheena. Thank you for reminding me I am loved! <3
(I mean, I know my fiance reminds me many times in a day, but it's nice to hear it from others, too)

I'm pretty certain I'm hypomanic! The only difference is still having the self-loathing of Depression... :red:
Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:54 am

Last night I was so certain...now I'm not so sure... *sigh* :red: I don't know what's going on...
Okami

Postby Ryosuke » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:15 pm

It happens. I'm here for you, good times and bad. All the prayer and support for you my love <3
Ryosuke

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:09 am

Praying, Okami. I'm so sorry I didn't get around to reading this sooner. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. And just to reiterate what Sheena said, you are desperately loved. I won't disregard you're problems, but I can only see a truly wonderful and lovely person in you. *hugs*
Praying. (often at unearthly hours of the night/morning)

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Thank you, my friends. <3 I am grateful to have your love, support, friendship, and prayers! They are a blessing to me, truly! :D

I'm really trying to get a grasp at what's going on mentally. Anxious through the roof is definitely a thing, and I'm working with family now to see where that can be alleviated in terms of the wedding and whatever other future things. Lots of work, but it seems to be taking some pressure off.

That being said, Ryosuke and I may have found us a place to live. I don't want to get my hopes up (as with so many other places at this point :mutter:), but all the same I want to be able to say, "This is it. I have a home. We have a safe haven." and for it to be true. I know that will take off a HUGE burden, as well.

One thing at a time...I've got two and a half weeks until I see the psychiatrist, so I'm continuing to monitor myself. I praise God that though I feel myself "shifting", it is not unbearable! Some things are certainly uncomfortable, but I can live with them. One thing at a time...One thing at a time...
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Glad to hear some things are looking up. Praying that this works out with your apartment. I know how much you guys want/need that.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:27 pm

How has your mindfulness and insight practices been going as of late?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Okami » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:02 pm

There has been a lot of stress lately. Victories, disappointments, struggle...life.

Went to the psychiatrist on Monday. I wanted to discuss more than what got brought up, but forgot in the moment. He wanted to up my dose and I asked him to wait - as of right now, we are so close to the wedding, I am so sure the episodic moments and dissociations are due to the stress, and the last thing I want is to potentially increase side effects or it spark a further episode or to become zombified. I would rather deal with life as it is than chance the possibility of it getting that much worse! Next appointment is just before the wedding, and if he wants to change it up at that point, I won't fight it - simply wait until after that weekend to start the new routine! :thumb:

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:How has your mindfulness and insight practices been going as of late?

I need to get back into the habit... It certainly takes being mindful to realize sometimes that I'm rushing about and forgetting to breathe. :sweat:
Okami

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Mindfulness practices never hurt. I try to get into the routine myself. Keep up the good work on the emotion regulation. :thumb:
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Okami » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Mindfulness practices never hurt. I try to get into the routine myself. Keep up the good work on the emotion regulation. :thumb:

Indeed! It's a good habit to keep up with. And thank you, MSP :)

---

Busybusybusy. Holy cow. Just slightly over a month to the wedding.
I'm doing all I can to keep myself grounded...I am stressed, and it's showing through the cracks.

A lot of my life is simply keeping watch over myself, tending towards my relationship (and that with God), and wedding planning.
The closer the date comes, the more I'm weighing the option of upping the dose of my meds. Time will tell.

I can't wait to slow down and breathe again.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Still praying, Okami. If you ever just need someone to talk/vent to or anything, don't hesitate to let me know! You have like...16 ways to contact me. XD
I hope things calm down so you can enjoy the beauty of the event before you!

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:27 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Still praying, Okami. If you ever just need someone to talk/vent to or anything, don't hesitate to let me know! You have like...16 ways to contact me. XD
I hope things calm down so you can enjoy the beauty of the event before you!

I think 16 is exaggerated. :P

But yes, thank you for everything, friend! I appreciate your prayers and encouragement, always. :)
Okami

Postby Okami » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Everything is chaotic...I am shattered...I've spent the majority of two days bawling.

Happy one month to go til the wedding. :shake:
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:24 am

Continuing to pray for you, dear friend!

Sheenar

Postby Ryosuke » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:24 am

I feel like a bad fiance... I'm sorry I haven't been posting more here... Like with Okami, time has been stretched very thin.. I find even I have been needing time to just sit down or cry... It doesn't justify my neglect here, but I suppose it is what it is.

Every so often I've been reminding Okami of the need for mindfulness... Beyond disociations(mind you that they have been decreasing in duration and severity) are the rare panic attacks... Okami mentioned being shattered.... The panic attacks happened mostly around this time due to the thought that an important person may not even show to the wedding.... It was rough but the matter is thankfully settled.

Thank you for all the prayers. Please know our hearts go out to you as well.
Ryosuke

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:29 am

Still keeping you guys in prayer. You are loved!

Sheenar

Previous Next

Return to Prayer Room