Okami’s Mental Health Report

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Okami’s Mental Health Report

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Praying for you, Okami. Wooow, that must be a strange new issue to face. I can relate in the fact that I can't relate, if that makes any sense at all.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:16 am

Happy anniversary!

*hugs* Weight gain from meds is hard. I'm dealing with that currently myself (am on a steroid and steroids cause weight gain). It is definitely a struggle and is frustrating.

You are loved, my friend!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Sun May 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you for the support and encouragement, friends! :D

This past month has started a period of stability, we think...I'm not entirely sure, but there are definitely periods where I'm feeling better.

We had a bit of a rocky situation with meds for a few days, had to deal with two pharmacies and the psych to figure things out...long story short I was low on meds, one pharmacy didn't have one of them, there was miscommunication and I ended up a day only half medicated. That was scary because I wasn't sure what would happen to my stability, but things smoothed themselves out.

To end on a praise, last month I was approved for SSI! We wanted to wait until my notice of award letter was in to spread the good news. :D I can finally focus on my recovery!!

I'm sorry it can be long periods of time between my posts here these days - without wifi forum browsing here is kind of difficult and I've found it more so recently. :sweat:

Please pray for continued stability! :)
Okami

Postby Okami » Thu May 07, 2015 9:19 am

Stability has been shot the last few days due to a few instances of recklessness....I'm tired and frustrated. :shake:
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Praying, Okami. Sorry we're all so slow to keep up with this; but know that we're here and praying for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Wed May 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Thank you Cece...
I'm getting very discouraged by the lack of response on this thread.

I don't know if the size is scary to people or what.... (in which case, there's always the timeline I made to catch up on important events and skipping to recent history, but meh....)

Psych appointment is on Friday. I'm thinking I need a med adjustment, I just don't know exactly what and that makes me very anxious. Please pray that that goes okay.
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Thu May 14, 2015 5:12 am

You are loved, dear one! Praying for you.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 am

Praying for you :O
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu May 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Okami wrote:Thank you Cece...
I'm getting very discouraged by the lack of response on this thread.

I don't know if the size is scary to people or what.... (in which case, there's always the timeline I made to catch up on important events and skipping to recent history, but meh....)

Psych appointment is on Friday. I'm thinking I need a med adjustment, I just don't know exactly what and that makes me very anxious. Please pray that that goes okay.

Put me down for "awkward thumb twiddling while trying to figure out what to say" :sweat:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Okami » Mon May 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate you all.

Got off my one med causing weight gain, and onto another that could cause weight loss (oh, how I hope...I gained so much, so quickly...) This one is a mood stabilizer or an antipsychotic or something. I can't remember right now.

I've had a bad few days. Really emotional. Really struggling. Ryosuke has been lovingly taking care of me...I am blessed with an amazing husband. All the same, things are hard right now. I realized a bit ago that today, two years ago, I graduated college. Maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know.

Just...I don't know. I don't know. Please pray.
Okami

Postby Mullet Death » Mon May 18, 2015 9:30 pm

I don't normally post prayer responses in general because my own prayer life is really, really inadequate. To make a long story short, though, I'll be praying tomorrow at Church and hopefully every available opportunity afterwards, and I'm sorry that you're having a hard time right now and not always getting responses from people like me. Here's hoping the medication switch goes smoothly.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Okami » Tue May 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Thank you, Mullet. Your response means a LOT right now...Know I've been praying for you too, friend.

I'm not really sure why I feel the need to post but right now I need to write and this is a safe space to do it....

I am very chaotic. Borderline. Struggling. Upset. Hurting. The medication is working, I can feel it, but right now this is behavioral and I know it...yet I don't have much control of that. My eyes dart to the lie my mind believes is a comfort - knives. I'm resisting, but Lord knows it's hard. Lord knows the implications that has on my marriage.

Right now things are very tight and confusing financially, and things that we thought were fixed a long time ago are unravelling and I don't know. I am so confused by what's going on that I don't KNOW what's going on right now. Insurance and work and student loans and I don't know anymore...

Pray for peace, safety, stability...clarity...
Okami

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed May 20, 2015 6:55 pm

(Hugs Okami)
Psycho Molos

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 29, 2015 10:10 am

I'm so sorry this is so late, Okami. Know that I'm always praying for you. I won't pretend to be able to relate, but I hurt for you, and I really hope things get sorted out quickly. God is faithful.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Thank you, Molos, Cece.

Things are hard. That's probably an understatement. Ryosuke is suspended from work - they're claiming he never had the FMLA we clearly have approval paperwork for, and have him under "investigation"... He took a few days off to care for me after my med change three weeks ago, and now everything since has been falling apart mentally.

Our marriage is solid and we have support and prayer covering us all around...that much remains unshakable.

But without going into too much detail, this medication has made my appetite nearly nonexistent, intimacy difficult, and I've suddenly developed some adverse side effects that will have me requesting to be taken off ASAP when we see the psych tomorrow (as if the previous two weren't enough).

I have been severely depressed. Ryosuke has spent much of his time at home caring for me, worried for my safety. Passive suicidal thoughts...self-destructive behavior...dissociation...he's seen a lot in me lately that leaves me feeling "back at square one" ...sigh...

On top of this, we're not even sure we have insurance anymore to see this psych, so we might have to request a referral elsewhere. I'm so confused.

At least this time together has been healing, all things considered.

Continued prayers for peace, stability, safety, and clarity would be appreciated. Thanks friends!
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Continuing to pray for you, dear friend!

Sheenar

Postby Corkyspaniel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:33 am

Hope everything gets better. Glad you're still around. It's been a few years since I've been here. You're in my prayers always.
Corkyspaniel

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:14 am

I'll pray for you Okami, I know what it's like to be depressed.
I hope that things get better for you.
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 am

Praying, Okami. *hugs*

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Sheena- Thanks as always, dear friend!
Corky- It's great to see a new face here on the thread and an old friend returned!  Thanks for your prayers.
Jonathan- Like I said above, it's great to see a new face here!  Thanks for the support.
Cece- Thank you, dear friend!  *hugs*

Yesterday's psych appointment went well. He kindly took me off that wretched medication when I explained what all was going on with me.  I honestly wonder if it had anything to do with my sudden switch of mood...  Now I'm back to simply being on another increase of the medication I've been on since January of 2014 - one I was placed on in the hospital.

I know it sounds stupid, but right now I'm REALLY missing my manias. All I really even have left of the mixed episode is my racing thoughts and occasional impulsivity. I'm tired of this. This whole treatment/recovery thing has been a long road, and I've got a longer way still...

There was a bomb dropped on me as well....it's something I will be processing for a while... [Edit: I realized I'm not ready to talk about this yet...] Now I have to digest this information, because it brings a lot of questions to the table alongside a few possible answers.

Prayers that we would seek Him in this time and cling to Jesus while I chew on this are appreciated, alongside the others already mentioned previously.
Okami

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm sure everything will be ok Okami :)
Psycho Molos

Postby Okami » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay in a response here...

Thank you, Molos.

We've been dealing with a lot. My grandpa died a few weeks back and the time surrounding the funeral was especially hard on me - I don't grieve well and my psychological symptoms spiraled out of control.

Things are much better now - medication wise I am staying the course and my psychiatrist gave me some brother in Christ wisdom to help me through some stuff that was going on at the time.

Ryosuke and I are making things work financially, so we're okay for the time being, by God's provision!

Right now we're just enjoying each other's company and happy to be together. :)
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:54 am

Thanks for the update, Okami. Praying for you and Ryosuke as always. You both are loved!

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Praying, Okami. It's good to hear from you; I was beginning to worry.

ClaecElric4God

Postby AdriTan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Good to hear from you! You'll be in my prayers. :)
AdriTan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:56 am

Praying for you Okami - hope everything gets better soon.

I'm sorry I don't comment more - like MOI, there's a lot of Not sure what to say...but I pray everything goes for the better.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby MIBuddy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Praying for you! :)
MIBuddy

Postby Ryosuke » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Wow... I haven't been on in, well...awhile.

To make an otherwise very long story short:
I'm still out of work atm (prayers are always
appreciated :thumb:), but through various means, we are financially secure.

There have been several hiccups in Okami's mental/physical health, as there have been for myself... But I honestly think we're doing better than we have been. We still have shortcomings and make mistakes, but we seem to heal more as time passes.

Thank you all for your love and prayers... Hopefully I'll be on more in the times to come XD

Love always,
Ryosuke
Ryosuke

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 am

Have been thinking of you guys! Praying for you both as always. You are loved! :)

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:54 pm

First off, thank you everyone for your prayers, and for your patience as I know updates are often sparce... *sigh*

And thank you, my love, for giving an update last month.

Things are stressful at the moment, but mostly similar things to the last several months. I'm still staying on course with my psychiatric treatment, which is a real blessing. Psych sees me as doing well enough (and trusts my word when I say at this moment I am "happy" with progress) to give me my next appointment in two months - this is the first time going this long in the past year and a half!! :D

This will really help us put our finances in order for the time being. :)

All in all, things are okay. God has really provided for us!
Okami

Previous Next

Return to Prayer Room