Prayer for a job

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer for a job

Postby syphon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Hey everyone! I thought id ask for your prayers. I turned in an application for a job at a restaurant, and there seems to be a high chance i will get it possibly. This will be my first job too if i get it.To be honest Im pretty shy so i am very nervous unfortunately, so nervous i felt a little nauseous earlier. im also worried i will embarrass myself as my hands tend to shake and my voice trembles a little when im really nervous, Its hard to control. Im hoping that this job will help me overcome this problem i have overtime. I know i have to get a job soon, and i couldnt pass up this job opportunity that i believe God has giving me(someone put in a good word for me, and the manager made it sound like he would hire me). Although part of me did want to pass it up and stay in the comfort of my home.

TL;DR

Id like to ask for your prayers that i will get this job and i will be confident and not so nervous and shy

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Re: Prayer for a job

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Always praying. I'm glad to hear you got a good opportunity! I know you've been wanting to get a job for awhile now. I'll be praying this works out and you have the confidence you need. Like you said, this will be a good chance for you to overcome your nervousness. Keep us posted!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:38 pm

I'll be praying for you too. I'm also usually very nervous about things too, but I have found these verses to be helpful in such times:

Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:58 am

I'll be praying Syphon ^^ I'm sure you'll do fine if you get the job though :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby syphon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:58 am

@claec thank you so much. even though im nervous i am a little excited too. Ill be sure to post an update here.

@drill thank you i appreciate it, i don't know why didnt think of looking for a verse. Im glad you posted some.

@panda thank you, i do feel a little better today so you may be right. :)

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Crossfire » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Hey, I know that feeling syphon. Try not to get too worked up and you'll do fine. Also of note, if you're unsure of something job-related, no matter how small or large it may be, ask a senior/employer. It'll save yourself a lot of trouble, I should know. :lol:
Crossfire

Postby syphon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:01 pm

@crossfire yea its not a feeling that you can get over easily lol. Thanks for the advice, i will have to keep that in mind.

syphon

Postby AdriTan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm praying for your work situation. :)
AdriTan

Postby syphon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 am

@adritan thank you for for your prayer.

Update: well i went to check up on my application at the A&W restaraunt yesterday, and i spoke with the manager. and it sounds like i have an interview this wednesday :). They are looking to hire cooks so im hoping im capable of that position.

syphon

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Praying it goes well and should you get the job, that you have the strength and endurance to handle it.
K. Ayato

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Still praying. Hope all goes well ^-^

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Still praying. Let us know how it goes.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm praying for you Syphon!
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby syphon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey all, sorry i havent been on in quite a while. So i havent been able to post the update yet. So i finally was able to get the job :). But unfortunatly i havent been able to start yet, they told me that it has to do with their budget and that business is slow. But atleast im hired. So thank you all for your prayers :D.

syphon

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:06 pm

That's great news, Syphon >u<

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Praise the Lord! Glad to hear it. Hope you get to start working soon!

ClaecElric4God

Return to Prayer Room