I feel myself starting to break and need prayer

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

I feel myself starting to break and need prayer

Postby Never thirsty! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 am

I'm going through a really rough time I'm really depressed because my favorite pastor who helped me through so much has gone back to his home in south africa so unless I fly there I'm never seeing him again :(. I'm trying to stay away from the razor and keep from cutting but I feel like I'm going to break but I've been trying to find a scripture(s) to help me but I can't so if you know of any please share them and prayers are greatly appreciated
Never thirsty!

Re: I feel myself starting to break and need prayer

Postby syphon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:25 pm

I will be praying for you Never Thirsty.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:54 pm

I'll be praying for you. I went through a very similar situation with my pastor a couple years ago (it's actually uncanny how similar it is), so I definitely know how you feel. You just have to trust that God knows what He's doing and has a bigger plan for your life. You can praise God for what your pastor has helped with, and I think it would help you if you prayed for your pastor as well. Wherever he is, whatever he's doing, I'm willing to bet he'd appreciate your prayers. I understand that you love your pastor and he's helped you alot, but your ultimate trust needs to be in God. He's the One you need to go back to when you're having trouble.
I can't think of any Scripture that exactly target your needs, but here are a few verses of encouragement in general. We have an awesome God, and when we don't understand or are discouraged with a turn of events, He's always there to lean on.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. - John 14:27
...For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. - Phillipians 4:11
...And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. - 2 Corinthians 9:12
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. - Philippians 4:4
Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:28-31
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. - Proverbs 3:5-6
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. - Isaiah 41:10
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. - Psalm 46:1-3
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. - Psalm 55:22
This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. - Psalm 119:50
In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me. - Psalm 120:1
I would also suggest reading Psalm 27 and Philippians 4 (I already gave a couple verses from there).

My best advice would be, when you're struggling feeling depressed, take it to God. Talk to Him about it, and trust Him to help you through it. I'll definitely be praying for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby AndrewinIce » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:17 am

Praying. Remember that no matter how you feel, you are never alone. God does not leave his Children, sometimes we just don't feel him.
AndrewinIce

Return to Prayer Room