My friend

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My friend

Postby Sheenar » Sun May 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey, friends.

Please pray for my dear friend L. She was just released from the hospital yesterday and is now on hospice at home. This is a lot to take in for both of us. Doctors said there are no more treatments to help her and she only has a few more months left.

The hospice nurse was at her apartment yesterday doing her intake. There was talk about making hard decisions. Will be receiving counseling as to what to expect and how to cope with everything. My friend talked about making me the one to make the hard decisions if she cannot. I am not sure I am ready for this. She's such a fighter and has such life in her --it's hard to cope with the fact that I may be losing my dear friend this year.

Lots of grief and shock. Lots of tears between both of us.

Please pray for my friend. That she will have peace about this. That her pain will be well controlled. That she and I will make the most of the time we have left together.

This is so very hard. :(
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: My friend

Postby Keri » Sun May 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi, Sheenar.
I'm so very sorry. This must be very hard to deal with, for you and your friend. I'll pray that The Lord's hand will be upon her life, and her health, as well as her peace of mind. I shall also pray over you and that you will have strength to overcome and pull through, no matter how hard it will be.
It's not the end however. As christians we are so lucky for the eternity that we have - so no matter your doubt, grief, sadness, fears or worry - no matter what it is - it is not the end.

Be strong, and there's always hope and space for recovery. Remember - it isn't bound to what the doctors say.
--Keri
Keri

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:57 pm

I wish i knew something better to say besides I'll pray :<
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun May 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Praying, Sheenar.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 pm

My friend was taken off of hospice due to not having the right diagnostic code. Her illness is still terminal, but they say she does not qualify for hospice care because she doesn't have the "right" illness to qualify.
She is in the hospital right now receiving treatment for a bad infection --there is only ONE antibiotic that this infection is susceptible to. Please pray that this infection gets taken care of and that she'll have infection-free months ahead of her.
Thank you, friends.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:11 pm

My friend is still in the hospital (day 3 or 4 out of an expected 30 day stay for IV antibiotics). She broke the news to me that she had surgery to put in a central line (had a problem with her PICC line) --they found a blood clot near where her PICC line had been --it is moving toward her lungs. They put her on heavy doses of blood thinners. This is scary and hard.

Now the doctor said they have the right diagnostic code now --and are talking about releasing her back onto hospice when she finishes this course of antibiotics.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Well, my friend called me today and, finally --after being in the hospital for most of the summer --she is getting to come home either Friday or Saturday. :)

Don't know what's going on with her health-wise (any updates) other than her cultures came back good after IV antibiotic treatment. Her home health will be set back up and all lined up for her return home.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Praise the Lord! Still praying.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Please pray for my friend. I came home this evening from a quick run to the store next door to see an ambulance and a fire truck in front of the apartment building. I ran into her as they were taking her away --she said she is not doing well and is very sick. I don't know any other details at this time --a neighbor followed the ambulance to the hospital and should give me an update tomorrow possibly (unless my friend calls me herself).

I am scared for her. She has had so many close calls. I am praying that she pulls through again. And I feel a bit guilty for not going with my neighbor to the hospital, but I'm pretty run down right now --and my friend would just tell me to go right back home (she really looks out for me).

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am

My friend is home --they didn't wind up keeping her --they couldn't start a line. Her doctor is going to treat her outpatient. It was very scary last night, she said --she had stopped breathing. Thank God the CNA from her home health company was with her last night. Something's wrong with her heart. She also has another infection that has to be treated --they'll put in a line outpatient and treat it with IVs at home.

Please continue to pray.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 am

Still praying, Sheenar.

ClaecElric4God

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm praying for your friend Sheenar
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby Sheenar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Just found out that she is back in the hospital (her mom called me out of the blue --she came to pick up her cat to take care of him for a while). I don't know any details --she may be getting discharged soon, but she may also have to be in a skilled facility for a little while as well. I'll keep y'all updated as I hear more.

Sheenar

Postby drill » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Praying, Sheenar.
drill

Postby Adie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:25 pm

I'll be praying.
Adie

Postby PandaPop » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 am

Praying for your friend and you Sheenar.
PandaPop

Postby anlptgtsg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear. Be strong. Praying.
anlptgtsg

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Still praying.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 am

Haven't heard anything at all from her or anyone. I am starting to get very concerned.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:03 am

My friend is still in-patient, but is now in a skilled nursing environment and not the hospital.

She has to have surgery to take out bladder and kidney stones. Hopefully soon after that, she'll be strong enough to come back home.

Please continue to pray for her --it just is not the same without her here --and she's been in the hospital for most of this year. :(

Sheenar

Postby anlptgtsg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:43 am

Praying
anlptgtsg

Postby drill » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:24 am

Still praying, Sheenar.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:33 am

Still praying.

ClaecElric4God

Return to Prayer Room