My brother's grades are slipping ;(

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My brother's grades are slipping ;(

Postby WhisperLove » Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Please pray for my little bro. I'm not really worried about his grades slipping, he's only 12, and they go up and down and its not like he's getting F's in every class. Really just pray that my dad stops getting all heated over it. I understand his anger, but he's not the very emotional type and he doesn't really get that school is hard and stressful, so now he's yelling at him and punishing him for having an A drop to a B or a C and I don't think that's the right way to go. My brother isn't rebellious or purposefully trying to fail, I believe he IS trying to learn but that he's not understanding, it also doesn't help that his teachers don't like him for some reason. What also gets me mad is that he yells at my mom for not doing anything about it except my dad doesn't do anything either. So my mom doesn't know what else she can do except lock him up in his room which personally makes me depressed for my brother. So yeah x.x just pray that he starts focusing better, or that my dad calms down, either way is perfectly fine -_- I'm tired of hearing them yell over the dinner table like I'm invisible.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
WhisperLove

Re: My brother's grades are slipping ;(

Postby syphon » Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 am

Sorry to here that, im not sure what to say. but i know (from my past experience) Family issues are not easy to deal with. And they usually seem to effect everyone. So ill be praying for you and your family that everything will be resolved soon.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Praying for God's will, whatever change needs to happen. I hope your family gets this ironed out.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby WhisperLove » Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm

thanks x.x its getting on my nerves lol :raded:

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
WhisperLove

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 am

I'll be praying :>
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Sounds like something I went through back when I was in school too. Prayers are being sent as I type this out.
mysngoeshere56

Postby Yami » Sat May 25, 2013 12:43 am

Well... being a proud underachiever myself I'm pretty familiar with this kind of thing. Try pointing out the fact that retaking the classes later on will be more of a pain then just passing them now and try to encourage a c average.

That way your not pushing for a total 360 but its something manageable and easy to pull off.

I have also noticed that online classes can also be a nice route to go. Rather then spending COUNTLESS HOURS DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY IN A MIND NUMBING REPETITIVE LEARNING ENVIORNMENT..... You can simply go online and complete the course work at your own pace without spending a absurd amount of time on it like you would in a normal classroom.

Good luck!
Yami

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 am

Yami wrote:I have also noticed that online classes can also be a nice route to go. Rather then spending COUNTLESS HOURS DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY IN A MIND NUMBING REPETITIVE LEARNING ENVIORNMENT..... You can simply go online and complete the course work at your own pace without spending a absurd amount of time on it like you would in a normal classroom.

Online classes are something to think about. That's not an option for everybody, though. Sometimes students aren't offered those classes (they're most common to college students). And even if they are an option, they require *a lot* of self-motivation. I know because I took a lot of online classes (still take them in college, save a few that are only offered on campus and/or I simply prefer on campus). I was lucky enough to have been able to do a quite a few in high school (my entire junior year and part of my senior year), but that's because the state I live in has a well-renowned accredited program for it. If it is an option for your brother and he has the self-motivation that it would require, I'd say it might be a good choice for him. It's not for everybody, but I did/do fairly well in them.
mysngoeshere56

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Praying for you, Whisper.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Return to Prayer Room