Boston Marathon

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Boston Marathon

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 pm

There were two explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon today. Many people were injured, some severely. Please pray for those injured, their loved ones, and for the medical responders.

A friend of mine from college was running in the marathon today. She is okay, thankfully. Really shaken up, but okay.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Boston Marathon

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Update: 22 injured, 2 dead

Please pray, friends. Such a horrible situation. :(
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Definitely praying. I can't even imagine.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Current update is around 100 injured, 2 dead --including an 8 year old child. :(

Please continue to pray for all affected by this horrible thing.

Sheenar

Postby LupoRedgrave » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Praying!
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:10 am

did a rosary last night.
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 am

Praying as well. Thankfully, several family members were unable to attend, and those who were left the finish line 30 minutes before.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Praying!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:59 am

Just heard one of the potential suspects in the bombing was killed. The other one is still at large.
rocklobster

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 am

yeah that's all any of the news channels are talking about today. Anyways I'm praying!
Cleanedbyblood

Return to Prayer Room