Losing Faith + Issues

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Losing Faith + Issues

Postby SilverToast » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Pray for me if you feel like doing it.
I've just been depressed lately and stressed. I feel like I have a lot of issues and I can't go to anyone I know for help.
I'm also losing faith in God and am struggling to believe that He would help me. I want to keep believing and following though.

One of the things I'm stressing about is whether I should move with my family or stay where I am right now and live alone. I have about a year and a half to make a decision. I feel like either way I lose and I can't think of a third option. My family brings it up a lot and it just stresses me even more.
SilverToast

Re: Losing Faith + Issues

Postby goldenspines » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 pm

I'll be praying.

Not sure if I can offer any helpful advice, but if you just want to talk, feel free to message me anytime.
goldenspines

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Definitely praying. Trust me, He's always willing, and perfectly able, to help you. Don't give up on Him. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Last edited by ClaecElric4God on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby AdriTan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am

Even though it might not seem like it, but God is always there to help. Even when we doubt. Of course I'll pray for you, buddy! PM me too if you ever need some friends to talk to.
AdriTan

Postby SilverToast » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:32 am

Thank you for the prayers and the offers to talk to you guys! It might take a while for things to get better but I'll work to trust that they will.
SilverToast

Postby Xeno » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:33 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Definitely praying. Trust me, He'll help you, if you hold onto that faith. Don't give up on Him. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I'm pretty sure you're not trying to say this, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just request that you rephrase your post, because when I read you second sentence it seems like you're implying god's help is predicated entirely on people doing all the work themselves. If someone slips in their faith, then suddenly god no longer is willing to help them, and I'm pretty sure that the bible doesn't indicate that that would be the case. But again, I don't think that you were trying to imply this, but this is how the post came across, at least to me.
Xeno

Postby syphon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:52 pm

I'll be praying for you ace.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Xeno wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Definitely praying. Trust me, He'll help you, if you hold onto that faith. Don't give up on Him. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I'm pretty sure you're not trying to say this, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just request that you rephrase your post, because when I read you second sentence it seems like you're implying god's help is predicated entirely on people doing all the work themselves. If someone slips in their faith, then suddenly god no longer is willing to help them, and I'm pretty sure that the bible doesn't indicate that that would be the case. But again, I don't think that you were trying to imply this, but this is how the post came across, at least to me.

Ay, I am really sorry. Horrible phrasing on my part, and I've already reworded it. I really didn't mean to imply that. That would be a fairly ridiculous god, wouldn't it? I definitely don't believe in a god who forces unbearable responsibilities on his people, or who only helps them conditionally. Uncertainty and "slipping in faith" are a normal part of a Christian's life, and if God was going to turn His back on them whenever they faltered, He wouldn't be worth anyone's time of day.
Again, I'm really sorry I worded my thoughts in such an illogical way. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Xeno.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 pm

I'll be praying for you, keeping in the word and getting off electronics helps me get more grounded with my faith, maybe that would help you?
Makachop^^128

Postby SilverToast » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I feel better after talking things over with a family member. I still have to work through some issues like lack of motivation, being depressed, stress, and lacking in faith. I have hope now though that I will be fine at the end after taking on these problems step by step, especially with everyone's prayers and help and God's help.
SilverToast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Praise the Lord! It's great to hear things are looking up. Don't feel too bad; as far as I know, any Christian who actually cares about being a true Christian struggles in these areas. It's just part of growing. Just keep striving for a closer walk with God. I'll keep you in my prayers as you work with these issues.

ClaecElric4God

Return to Prayer Room