No communication

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

No communication

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I know this doesn't seem as important as those who are asking for prayers for loved ones and such, but I feel scared and alone right now. Anyways here goes:

A couple years ago I met a guy at work, where we worked together for about 6 months or so. In that time, he not only became a dear friend of mine, but he also led me to having a relationship with God. He quit work and ended up moving to Georgia and then to Dallas, where he eventually got my phone number from a mutual friend and we started texting back and forth. Before to long he asked me to be his girlfriend, and then his fiancee. of course I said yes to both, but we were going to keep the engagement a secret from my folks until after they met him (I want to do things "right" I guess. )

After we got engaged, though, we've been having a few small arguments about various things, such as how many kids to have (he wants a lot, I don't want anymore than 3). Anyways on the 12th of March, I suddenly stopped getting text messages from him. We didn't have a fight before then and we try to work out the issue as much as we can. I called his number and its disconnected, he's not responding to my emails or messages I leave him on twitter.

I've been praying to God that Jason (my fiance) will get in contact with me soon. Jason's been my life-line since we met and I've always been able to talk to him about anything. He's even willing to help me adopt my "daughter". I love him and would like to find out if he still cares for me...

Thanks

Melissa (AKA Cleanedbyblood)
Cleanedbyblood

Re: No communication

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Send a PM my way. This no communication thing is all too familiar to me right now. In the meantime, I'll be praying you get some answers soon.
K. Ayato

Postby Sheenar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Praying that you hear from him soon!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Praying.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby syphon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:32 am

Will be praying

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby AdriTan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm praying!
AdriTan

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Update**

I just got a few pm's on twitter from Jason, and while he hasn't given me direct answers as to the loss of communication, I (being an optimist) feel that he will (even if I have to force it out of him!). All he really said to me was that it was he** I really hope this kinda thing doesn't happen again. I really really doubt I can handle it again :waah!: but it did get me to pray to God more (I'm not good at praying :red: )
Cleanedbyblood

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Praying you learn to accept and submit to God's will, even (and especially) if His doesn't match your own.
K. Ayato

Postby Xeno » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 pm

It's pretty obvious that you care about this guy, and that is incredibly noble of you. But given his actions, have you considered that maybe someone who acts in this manner may not be the kind of person to settle down with? If he is going to just up and vanish on you shortly after and engagement, there is nothing that is going to keep him from doing the same if the two of you get married. Again, I understand your wanting to be an optimist, but also try to look at this from a practical point of view, it doesn't seem like he cared enough about you to stick around and he has certainly been willing to cause you pain. Not to tell you what you have to do, but maybe you should just let this guy go, because he seems like someone who will do nothing but hurt you.
Xeno

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm

I agree with Xeno 100%. As much as you really care about this guy and want to support him in a lifelong committed relationship, you really need to step back and take a look at the reality of the situation (without the optimistic lenses) and ask yourself if wanting this is indeed the right thing for you to do and consider the possible outcome that Xeno hinted at.

I shared my situation with you over private messages, and again this guy is almost exactly like what I've been dealing with currently. The vague answers when confronted with questions regarding this communication issue that came up. The unwillingness to lay all the cards out on the table and share with you what he feels about you and the possibility of getting married and starting a life together. I saw that in my situation and from your update, I see the same thing all over again with you and this guy. These are possible (if not outright) red flags and I encourage you to break away from this guy and seriously consider what's going on and if you're willing to live with this kind of communication block should he become your husband.

It's quite clear you care about this guy and have invested a lot in this relationship so far. But do you really want to spend your life with a guy who in the end doesn't take the relationship as seriously as you have? I made mistakes in this realm. For your own sake, don't make the same ones I did.
K. Ayato

Postby AdriTan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 am

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make my knowledge of anything important, but as young as I am, I've been through the same kind of deal. And no communication could indicate too many things. I'm not trying to crush you (it's not like I know about things in life to understand many things anyway), but there are many points that Xeno and K.Ayato made that I absolutely agree with.

However, I also don't want to rule out the possibility that something rough happened in your fiance's life and that it might have taken him away from contacting you. It is possible that a family member or friend of his or even he; went through a dire situation. In which case breaking up with him might be a mistake.

I'm praying that he tells you what was going on, and that God will give you the wisdom to discern what the truth and what His will is.

And on the note of you thinking you might not be able to take it if something happens between you and Jason, God will help you get through any situation. He loves you more then any human being on the planet could, and has a beautiful plan for your life. He knows who the right man is whether it's Jason, or someone different.
AdriTan

Postby Xeno » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm

AdriTan wrote:However, I also don't want to rule out the possibility that something rough happened in your fiance's life and that it might have taken him away from contacting you. It is possible that a family member or friend of his or even he; went through a dire situation. In which case breaking up with him might be a mistake.

"Something rough happening" in her fiancé's life would be something he should be confiding about in her. It may cause some strain on their relationship due to the pressures it places on him over all, but it should not cause him to just detach completely and stop contacting her entirely. If the excuse is that, then he has deeper issues that need to be sorted out, and he clearly is not ready for the kind of relationship that leads to a marriage/long-term partnership.
Xeno

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the prayers, but I'm sad to say that they are no longer needed. On Saturday, I got a message from him on Twitter saying that he had found someone new and they were getting married next year and he was sorry for saying he loved me. :waah!:

Thanks again everyone though

God Bless!
Cleanedbyblood

Postby Xeno » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 am

Sorry to hear that he did that to you, but the good thing is that you don't have to wonder if of when he will contact you again. You're free to move on from him now and get on with your life in whatever capacity you feel is necessary. Someone who acts like that doesn't deserve someone who will be as loyal as you seem to have been though.
Xeno

Return to Prayer Room