prayer request from the king of otakus. CANCEL SOUTH PARK 4EVER!

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

prayer request from the king of otakus. CANCEL SOUTH PARK 4EVER!

Postby otakuking2013 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:38 pm

:angel: :angel: :waah!: :wow!:
hey everybody!!
this is the otaku king, with a very serious prayer request, i was never allowed to watch that stupid R rated cartoon series south park, because mom says it ruins my good language, my character, and my heart, mind and soul, so please pray to my lord jesus for permanent cancellation of that evil south park tv show for good, and please pray for comphert and encouragment for everyone to forget about south park so that they'll never watch it or create it ever again, please pray for all the people of the earth to stop watching south park and get rid of every south park dvd or whatever item of it and that they'll forget about south park for good. you'll be glad you did. :banned:
otakuking2013

Re: prayer request from the king of otakus. CANCEL SOUTH PARK 4EVER!

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Not sure if serious.

A) That will never happen. Of course,one day it will be cancelled because no tv show goes on forever, but for everyone ever to forget about it? No.
B) It is crude, but at the same time it is satire and often - well at least in the beginning - was very good at targeting social issues that people tended to treat as a while elephant or perhaps too seriously. Read 'A Modest Proposal' by Jonathan Swift for more information on what satire is.
C) Everyone is affected differently by the media. I have watched South Park on several occasions, but there have been no detrimental effects on my character or soul - I am not a person who is affected by what I watch or read that easily. Your mom may believe that people are affected like that when they watch it... but that doesn't mean that she's right or that it's true.
D) I wouldn't pray for that even if it did so because I believe that even things like South Park provide insight into a society and culture. We know barely anything about other times and periods in history because people covered them up or destroyed the bits they didn't like, and we are the poorer for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Trying to hide it or pretending it didn't happen means that there's a lie about the people and culture of the time that's being perpetuated.

In all honesty, this sounds more like you hoping that they cancel and forget about it simply because you haven't been allowed to watch it, and that's a tad childish and insecure for you. You probably wouldn't gain anything by watching it, but so what if you haven't?
Atria35

Postby Crossfire » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Oh, you're the guy who hates Kid Icarus for no apparent reason.

Seriously, man. Your profile states that you're 22 years of age, but you're making that really hard to believe. To reiterate Atria, does a stupid TV show affect your life that much? If so, I think your problem lies a little closer to home.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Inb4trollthread
Last edited by Crossfire on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby Xeno » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Xeno

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Well, okay, wow. But why not 5EVER?

The Prayer Room is designed as a section where members can ask for prayer for themselves or someone they know and also to provide encouragement to others. What it is NOT for is hate/complaint threads towards a specific someone or something. This thread has fallen under the latter category and will be locked because of it.

If you have any questions regarding this, please PM me.
goldenspines

Return to Prayer Room