Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Week!

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Week!

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Murphy needs to leave me the heck alone for a while. :/

Medical transportation did not show up to take me to my dr. appt. this afternoon (2nd time this week!). So I drove myself.

Was turning left to go onto the street where the office is --and a lady in a SUV hit the right side of my car (she went straight through the intersection --said she didn't see me turning left). Got to have a fun 1 block ride on an ambulance on a backboard and in a neck brace (they wanted to be safe).

I'm not seriously injured. Just some muscle injuries --ER doc said I will be REALLY sore for the next few days. Just had adjustments done by 2 DOs yesterday for my muscle injuries from the stupid lift straps. Now it's all undone, pretty much. Car is not driveable. Don't know what's going to happen now.

Grateful that Leon (I'm weaning him off of working and this was going to be a short outing) was not hurt at all --and that my injuries are fairly minor. Really grateful for the amazing lady who stopped at the scene --comforted me, prayed with me, and stayed with me until the EMS arrived. Then she came by my ER room --prayed with me again and left her name and phone number. Told me to PLEASE call and let her know how I am doing. She was a blessing!

Medical transportation is a real pain to deal with now. It was really great up to a few months ago. Now there have been issues. I got the brush off when I complained about rides not showing up in time to get me to appointments on time --was told that it "just happens".

I called today to schedule a ride for an appt on Thurs. Called 47 hours in advance --their rule is it must be 48 hrs in advance--and they would not schedule a ride for me. I'm mad at myself for my Teflon-coated brain not remembering earlier and also for the lack of grace on the part of medical transportation in scheduling rides. So a friend will likely be taking me on Thurs. in exchange for gas money. This is a big, very important appointment that I've waited 3 months for.

This has been the week from hell. Bad news at the A&M vet school clinic--going through the process of returning Leon to CPL--still dealing with my injuries from 2 weeks ago--being stood up twice by medical transportation in one week --and now a car accident.

Things will get better in time. Just a lot of sucky things have happened all in the same week. It's been rough. Really been struggling to even open my Bible. I feel so angry and hurt by everything that's happening. Trying to hang on to the truth that God is faithful and will see me through. He has a reason for everything that's going on.

Please pray, friends. I'm really weary, I don't understand. I'm hurting emotionally and physically.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Week!

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 am

Praying, Sheenar.
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 am

Just got off the phone with highway patrol --the other driver was at fault and was cited. She said that the other driver's insurance should pay for repairs.

I am thankful. I am really thankful that neither Leon or I were seriously injured (he's not hurt at all and I'm pretty sore, but okay overall). Now to make the necessary phone calls and get things lined up.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Called the place where my car was taken to. From looking at my car, they are estimating $4,000 worth of damage --almost what my car is worth (my car is a $9,000 car). They're waiting for the insurance adjuster to come by to look at it and see if the car is a total loss or if it can be repaired.
Some people are advising me to hire a lawyer to ask for a settlement since I was injured. I don't really wish to do that. All I want is for my car to be repaired if it can be repaired --and for them to pay for me to see a DO or chiropractor to get my joints, etc. back into alignment. Things are really out of whack --I have limited range of motion --and moving arms, legs, hips, etc. hurts. I'm having not-fun levels of pain --has been a pretty rough day.

Small snafu is that I am currently in between insurance policies --financial issues and such. I haven't been driving my car for that reason --was driving to the doctor b/c transportation did not show up on time. Since the other car is at fault, her insurance company filed a claim in their system (I called and reported the accident to them). They *should* pay for the car repairs --and, if she has personal injury protection on her policy, maybe I can get some chiropractor visits covered to help reduce my pain and get things in place as they should be.

All this stuff is like Greek to me. I don't really fully understand anything that is going on.

Please pray for wisdom for me--that the right thing to do/right steps to take would be made evident to me and that things will get worked out. And also for pain relief and rest.

Sheenar

Postby Lynna » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time :( I'll be praying!
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:57 pm

So sorry about your troubles, Sheenar. I'll be praying for you, for recovery, relief, ironing out vehicle issues, and peace in God.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 am

The other person's insurance company just called me to tell me my car is a total loss. Bianca will be going to the great salvage yard in the sky. :(

They're setting me up with a rental car. Don't know how I'm going to get another car, but hopefully I will get enough of a settlement to do that.

In a great deal of pain today in my right hip. HUGE, gnarly-looking bruise there. Been hard to walk today--trying to keep weight off that hip as much as I can. I see my primary doc on Monday morning for an exam and to go over my discharge papers from the ER.

Please pray that the insurance/car/medical stuff will be ironed out soon. Please also pray for rest for me --body and mind. I am angry. I don't understand why all of this is happening. I know God has a plan and that He will provide for my needs --I am still upset that all of this is happening.

Sheenar

Postby AdriTan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Praying you find a car and that things slow down so you can relax a little more. God always has a plan. Mind you it doesn't always make sense, but it always works out in the end. Hope you know that there are people on this site willing to do the best to be there for you through this hard time. Don't be afraid to shoot some PMs. Like I said, your in my prayers.
AdriTan

Return to Prayer Room