I grew up

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

I grew up

Postby SierraLea » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Okay, I need some intervention here. I'm really close to getting my first real job as a sort of watchdog for chemically dependant female minors. But to even be considered, I have to have my driver's licence. So tomorrow I'm going in for my driver's test. Please pray that I get the phone interview for the job and pass my test on the first try!
SierraLea

Re: I grew up

Postby AndrewinIce » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Praying...
Stressful stuff...I got the same things coming up...
AndrewinIce

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Praying. I had to rush and get my license so I could go to work, too (even though I hate driving). I thought the guy was going to fail me just because he was in a bad mood! Hopefully yours goes well, and the interview works out as well.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby AdriTan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 pm

I still need to get mine sometime, too.... But learning to drive during winter up here can be dangerous especially when we've had so many freezing rain type scenarios up here lately. (Seriously global warming stinks up here!)

Sounds like you've got a stressful situation on your hands. I'm praying for you!
AdriTan

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Good luck! I pray your driving test goes well! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby shooraijin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 am

If it makes you feel any better, I ran a stop sign on my driving test almost immediately. The instructor, incredibly, still let me pass because it was caused by some moron in a minivan nearly T-boning me leaving the DMV lot and I didn't do anything else wrong.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Xeno » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 am

Good luck on your DL test Sierra. I have to say I find it kind of strange that people are waiting so long to get their licenses now though. I know part of it probably has to do with some states increasing the age to 18, but I had my license as soon as I was able to obtain it.
Xeno

Postby SierraLea » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 am

Xeno wrote:I have to say I find it kind of strange that people are waiting so long to get their licenses now though. I know part of it probably has to do with some states increasing the age to 18, but I had my license as soon as I was able to obtain it.

It could be financial problems. That's one of the reasons my family waited, along with the fact that I didn't really need it up until now.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 pm

I passed! Now I just have to get through the phone interview at 10:30 tomorrow. Pleas keep praying for me to ace this!
SierraLea

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm praying
Wolfsong

Postby Lynna » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Good job on the test! Praying!
Lynna

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 am

Good luck with your phone interview! If you get the job and want some pointers on how to deal with chemically dependent minors (who will more likely than not have some behavioral problems) then let me know. I've been working with similar populations for the past year.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Sheenar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14 am

Congrats on passing the test! I pray your phone interview goes well! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby SierraLea » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 am

I had the phone interview yesterday, and I think I did pretty well. Please pray that I get caled back for a face-to-face interview!
SierraLea

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am

Glad it went well! :)

Sheenar

Postby AdriTan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Glad both went well! Praying! :)
AdriTan

Return to Prayer Room