Mom's sick, and stress

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Mom's sick, and stress

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Things have been a bit overwhelming. To put it short...

1. My mom's sick. When it first came up, she had a bad headache and her nose was running. The day after, she had a fever. The day after that, she couldn't stop sneezing and her eyes were red and watery. The day after that, she couldn't stop coughing. Now she feels very fatigued and it's lasted the last two days. So as you can see, her symptoms change every day, and it's really keeping her feeling down and out. She can't take off of work either, so it's even harder on her.

2. I have to take care of her on top of carrying a lot of responsibilities with school. I'm also transferring to a university this summer, and with her being sick, we haven't had as much time as I would've liked to start getting paperwork together for my financial aid. This and a few other factors are also limiting the amount of time I have to get other school requirements done, and that feels pretty stressful.

3. Classes are going well so far, but they're very hard, and I'm hoping that I can stay afloat. I have my first midterm in 2 weeks, and the instructor admits that it's a very hard test. Few people make A's on this midterm. I'm just hoping I can get a passing grade, because it's 20% of my final grade.

4. There are two other things, but one's a long story that I don't feel like typing out (and even if I did feel like it, I wouldn't have time), and the other is sort've personal.

5. Overall, I just feel really drained from all of this. I'm still relying on God and all, but I just sort've feel really tired and fatigued from it all. There are those of you who know that I've had issues with depression in the past, and I'm feeling a small bit of it now... Not as bad as it used to be, but it's not really helping. But regardless, I'll keep pressing on. Please pray that I'm able to fight all this and do what I need to do. I'm going to be okay, I'm just sort've feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

Thanks!
mysngoeshere56

Re: Mom's sick, and stress

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Wow, that's a lot to deal with. I'm definitely praying for you.
Zeldafan2

Postby goldenspines » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll be praying. It's rough when stuff keeps piling on and on. Hopefully you will get some time to unwind and rest.
goldenspines

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Praying. That's alot of stress. I know God will bless you for relying on Him.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 am

I pray that you will get rest soon and that your mom feels better quickly. That is a lot to deal with.
Sheenar

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 am

Praying!
Atria35

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks everybody. My mom's getting better. Slowly, but surely. Things are still pretty high as far as stress/pressure goes but I'm dealing with it one step at a time, and as much as I can genuinely manage at a time.
mysngoeshere56

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Stopping in for a fast update. My mom still isn't fully up to speed, but we think the worst of this is behind her. Please pray it stays that way and continues to heal up.

My midterm is the 25th, and then on the 1st I have to have all my stuff turned in to transfer *AND* will be leaving to go to a required convention for the college honor society out-of-town (I'm an officer for my two-year college's honor society and they want me to be there). Please pray what needs to be done will be done.
mysngoeshere56

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 pm

*runs in for another update*

My mom's better now. We think we have all the documents we need for my transfer to the university, so please pray that works out and that we're able to get them in tomorrow without any hassle. I took the midterm today. There was a lot that I did know that I got right, but there were also a few things I wasn't so sure on. I did study hard, though. Either way, it is what it is now. Please pray for favor. Everything else has stayed the same, pretty much.

Thanks everybody! I miss you guys and I hope to be stopping in more often again soon!
mysngoeshere56

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm not sure how many people are still reading this, but I wanted to let you guys know that my mom's feeling much better now. Traveling went well, too. I also got my midterm back, and all my hard studying gave me an A, despite everything else that was going on. :) My hard work paid off. Thank you to all who prayed. Now that a lot of tasks I needed to accomplish are out of the way, I hope to be seeing you all again more often! I've missed you!
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 pm

mysngoeshere56 wrote:I'm not sure how many people are still reading this, but I wanted to let you guys know that my mom's feeling much better now. Traveling went well, too. I also got my midterm back, and all my hard studying gave me an A, despite everything else that was going on. :) My hard work paid off. Thank you to all who prayed. Now that a lot of tasks I needed to accomplish are out of the way, I hope to be seeing you all again more often! I've missed you!

That's great to hear! I'm so glad your mom's better, and about your midterms. That has to be a huge weight off your shoulders.
And since we haven't really met, I hope to get to know you now that you have time to be here. :)
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby AdriTan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am

I'm so glad your mom's better! And I'm glad schooling is going so well!
AdriTan

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 pm

So glad to hear that your mom is feeling better and that your midterm went well! Congratulations on that A! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room