My dad's eye

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My dad's eye

Postby syphon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:45 pm

I don't know the details because I'm with my mom right now (my parents are divorced). But I heard my dad could go blind in one eye. Something to do with his retina detatching itself in his eye. He's had cataract surgery too, not to long ago so im wondering if it's related to what's happing eye right now, like a side effect or something. So I thought I'd ask for your prayers that his eye heals. Thank you :)

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Re: My dad's eye

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Praying.

A detatched retina is very much a serious thing - if not treated quickly it can cause blindness. It's possible that it's related to the cataract surgery, it is a complication of it (rare complication that doesn't happen to everyone! But still one that's recorded), but correlation does not imply causation. Either way, if you have a good relationship with your dad, it's worth it to call and tell him you're rooting for him to get better.
Atria35

Postby syphon » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Thank you for your prayer atria. yea I was reading about it online and your right. And yes we do get along, ive tried calling earlier but I couldn't get a hold of him yet. I'll try again later. I'm not too worried though I know Gods with him.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby syphon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Dont mean to gravedig(if i am) but i thought id give an update. The healing process took about a little more than 2 months, but thankfully he recovered with no issues. Id just like to thank everyone for your prayers. ^_^

syphon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 am

Praise the Lord!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby syphon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 am

Definitely, thanks claec!

syphon

Postby SierraLea » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Good for him!
SierraLea

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Glad to hear he recovered with no lasting negative effect. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby AdriTan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Woot! :)
AdriTan

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry I saw this so late, but let me please add my joy to the pot.
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks alot everyone ^_^

syphon

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Hallelujah!
Cleanedbyblood

Postby syphon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 am

Thank you!

syphon

Return to Prayer Room