Weight Loss/Competition

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Weight Loss/Competition

Postby TheMewster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:34 pm

I may have posted something about wanting to lose weight, but I lost interest in that. But now am shorter than my mom and way over 10 pounds more than her. I don't wanna have a heart attack at 20, so I have decided to start trying to lose weight.

Also, I have an FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) district competition on the 29th. Pray for Christ to be glorified in that.
TheMewster

Re: Weight Loss/Competition

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Praying. Have you worked out a plan for losing weight? What resources are you using? Do you have people to support you? I know how hard it is to struggle with that, because I'm currently at the beginning with it and have at least 50 lbs to lose. So good luck!
Atria35

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 am

Good luck! The hard part of losing weight is sticking with it --making healthy eating choices (and eating healthy portions), exercise, etc. Do you have a buddy to join with in this? It always helps to have someone help keep you accountable --and you keep that person accountable in return.

I pray that you are successful in this!
Sheenar

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 am

Do you like to cook? If so, I would highly suggest browsing through your local library for lower-calorie cookbooks (like "You Can Trust a Skinny Chef"). That way you can still eat things you enjoy, without sacrificing flavor. Plus you'll find that lower-calorie choices will make a long-term difference.

And have a buddy to check with you on a weekly basis. Losing weight solo is not fun and can lead to discouragement.
K. Ayato

Postby TheMewster » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

So far I've been using smaller plates and eating more fruits and vegetables. I also started monitoring my calories today (since its an assignment in my virtual school PE class). I think the main thing I need to do is to eat less and move more. Problem is that with all my homework I either don't have time or I'm too tired to exercise. I think it's going great so far, but pray I can find a partner so I can stay accountable and not burn out.
TheMewster

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 pm

You might have to make some adjustments to your schedule. Wake up earlier to get in your exercise for the day (plus it'll help charge you for the day as well) or use your homework breaks to take a quick 30-minute walk. It's not hard.
K. Ayato

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm

TheMewster wrote:So far I've been using smaller plates and eating more fruits and vegetables. I also started monitoring my calories today (since its an assignment in my virtual school PE class). I think the main thing I need to do is to eat less and move more. Problem is that with all my homework I either don't have time or I'm too tired to exercise. I think it's going great so far, but pray I can find a partner so I can stay accountable and not burn out.

Praying! Also, I'd be happy to help you to stay on intake, regime with fitness, as an encouragement internet partner to hold you accountable in the meantime while you find someone IRL-bound for support! ^_^ Just send a PM my way and I'll give you my information for contact.
yukoxholic

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm praying for you. My parents are trying to diet, especially my mom, so I have a secondhand idea how hard it can be. Hope you can stay strong on it and get some encouragement.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room