Lost Voice

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Lost Voice

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:54 am

Hey everybody, just wondering if you all could say a quick prayer for me? I lost my voice on Tuesday night. It's really hard trying to get through each day with no voice. I'm hoping my voice lasts long enough for me to be able to talk to the couple of people I need to talk to (mostly academic and financial aid advisers) for the next week.

Thankfully it's gotten a lot better, because of my resting it. It doesn't hurt to swallow anymore, and the feeling in my throat is more scratchy instead of painful. I can now speak normally for a little while, but I try not to, because any speaking at all can lengthen the time it'll take to heal. If it keeps healing the way it has been, I imagine it'll probably be back up to speed by next week.

Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate it!
mysngoeshere56

Re: Lost Voice

Postby SierraLea » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 pm

That sounds horrible! And at such a crucial time! I will pray for you.
Drink lots of warm stuff, don't whisper, and try to talk as little as possible. These are techniques professional singers use to get their voices back in shape. These work.
SierraLea

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Thank you so much for your prayers and suggestions! It was greatly appreciated, and my voice is almost fully recovered now.
mysngoeshere56

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:54 pm

I had a terrible cough and sore throat a couple moths ago that rendered me voiceless as well, and I couldn't even go to the District Auditions for choir. So I know how you feel! Praying that your voice will continue to recover fully. :)
Ally-Ann

Return to Prayer Room