Prayer for dealing with my aunt and her dog...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer for dealing with my aunt and her dog...

Postby Atria35 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 pm

I've only been here a month, but one major stressor is the pet situation. I'm re-training her dog Zoe, who's 9 years old and a lovely (if sometimes frustrating) dog. The problem is that my aunt wants to get another dog, and the words out of her mouth were "And you can take Zoe when we do". She is pawning her old dog off on me for a puppy. This ticks me off so much! I am a firm believer that when you adopt a pet, you've intended to take them for their life, and what she's doing is the easy way of not trading her old dog in for a new one. When this comes up for real at the beginning of next year, she and I are going to have a long, serious talk about this.

I am very not excited about confronting her about this, but if push comes to shove I'm going to tell her that I'm just not going to take any responsibility for the older dog - if she's that eager to get a new one then she'll have to take Zoe into the shelter herself. That she can't just cast aside an older living being for a newer one. I am not going to be a part of that.

I'm fairly sure that she's not going to give up Zoe like that, but I don't know how this is going to affect our relationship.

So please pray that somehow it will work out, because I don't want to have to put up with her selfishness about the new dog.
Atria35

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Will be praying about this matter.
Neane

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 pm

That is a frustrating situation. I am also against the "trading in for a new model" when it comes to living beings. A dog is a commitment --for its entire life.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room