Cousin Just out of Jail

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Cousin Just out of Jail

Postby HarleyQuinnOy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 pm

So I have this cousin (or he is my dads cousin so my second cousin I guess) he is almost 50, and two years ago he stayed at my house for a few months helping us build a room onto our house and he got saved :), After he got saved he started reading the bible and realizing all the wrong things he had done to people and started calling up people he had hurt and apologizing, and then he turned himself in to the police because he had a lot of crimes he had ran away from. We thought he would only be in for a few months but ended up being about a year and a half. Well he just got out a few months ago and we finally got to see him today and took him to church and stuff it was really nice, but he has a hard road ahead of him, he started drinking again and is around people that are living the lifestyle he use to. It would be so easy for him to fall back into everything, so I would just like to ask anyone to send out a prayer for him to have the strength to deny his flesh and be an example to those around him and his children who he and my family desperately want to see get saved! Thank You!!
[color="Pink"]It can't rain all the time[/color]
HarleyQuinnOy

Postby MrKrillz0r » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 am

Glad that he found Jesus, praying that he'll be able to depend on Jesus to make it through!
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Atria35 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am

Praying.

The thing is, has he ever had an alcohol addiction? If not, then there are many denominations where light-to-moderate drinking is considered acceptable and this might be something that he has no issue with. If he has, then without a support group (such as AA), then it's all too easy to fall back into old habits. If it seems a sign of addiction, then you might want to talk to a pastor - or talk with him yourself - and see if he can't be encouraged to go.
Atria35

Postby SilverToast » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 am

Praying!
SilverToast

Postby Xeno » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Atria35 (post: 1589573) wrote:The thing is, has he ever had an alcohol addiction? If not, then there are many denominations where light-to-moderate drinking is considered acceptable and this might be something that he has no issue with. If he has, then without a support group (such as AA), then it's all too easy to fall back into old habits. If it seems a sign of addiction, then you might want to talk to a pastor - or talk with him yourself - and see if he can't be encouraged to go.

I want to emphasize this point here. Just because someone is drinking alcohol doesn't mean they're on a downward spiral, some people just genuinely like various alcoholic beverages.

As far as him being around his old group of friends, that is something of concern, but it also raises the question of if they were part of what he was doing or if he was doing things on his own. So many variables here. Either way, I do hope everything turns out for the best, and it might be a good idea to encourage him to talk to the pastor of the church where he has been attending about these issues (but don't go behind his back).
Xeno

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Praying
Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.â€
anlptgtsg

Postby HarleyQuinnOy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 pm

@Atria and @Xeno, don't worry i am aware that many people drink and its not a problem but I mention it here because it is a problem. Also my family and I have talked to him about getting help and so forth but its up to him to take that step. He doesn't attend church very often either, like I said he got saved and then pretty much went straight to jail, he read the bible a lot in jail but he is still just beginning his journey. So I just wanted some prayer for him to stay strong and keep reading his bible and keep growing closer to God :), and like you said Xeno there are many variables but that would take too much explaining just know he needs prayer, so thank you to all who are praying, it means a lot!!!
HarleyQuinnOy

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 am

Just a thought, is there some kind of ministry near where you live that helps people who have been in jail? It might help him.
Sammy Boy

Postby HarleyQuinnOy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:10 pm

He lives a few hours away from us so we have not looked into that but that is a great suggestion, he definitely needs to get around a group of supportive people it would really help. Thank you for caring to suggest ideas as well guys it is really nice to know that people care about the well being of those they don't even know :)
HarleyQuinnOy

Return to Prayer Room