Scary situation at my apartment

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Scary situation at my apartment

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:38 pm

So, since I moved into my new apartment last week on Thursday, I had been seeing water vapor-like stuff floating around my apartment --as well as experiencing increasingly worse headaches. I kept brushing off the feeling that something wasn't right --after all, I checked everything and didn't see anything concerning (no damaged outlets, etc.) They had cleaned the apartment thoroughly, so I thought the smell I was smelling was left over from that --they had left the windows open before I moved in, so I assumed things were okay. I brushed off the headaches, confusion, nausea and chest pain as a flare of my medical conditions.

Well, tonight, I noticed the vapor-like stuff again and came down with a headache that just kept getting worse the longer I was in the apartment. At the urging of some friends when I posted about it (I posted because I just could not shake the feeling that something was not right), I called the FD emergency line to have someone come check things out at the apartment (this was after calling the emergency maintenance line twice and getting no response).

Well, when the EMS/FD people got there, they said they definitely smelled something noxious in the apartment. They interviewed some residents downstairs and came back to say that the mgmt. had just installed new carpet and put new paint on the walls (which the mgmt. did not tell me they did) and that the smell was most likely from the glue under the carpet and the primer/paint. They also told me that it was NOT safe for me to stay there (even with leaving the windows open) and to GET OUT and find somewhere else to stay for a while. They said that I could very well die if I stayed in the apartment with the fumes.

So Marzipan, Leon and I are staying at a friend's for the time being. I will be calling the apartment mgmt. on Monday and asking them what they plan to do about this. I am frustrated and upset that they let me move in without even telling me they used things with dangerous fumes and that I was in that environment for over a week (not to mention Marzipan and Leon were also in that environment --Marzipan especially was in there all day and night). I was told by the EMTs not to stay in the apartment again until mgmt. comes and gets things aired out a good bit more than they did before they let me move in.

So frustrating that this just HAD to happen when I am re-taking a section of my comps and studying for my final exams on Tuesday! But I am glad I am safe --glad that I have friends who look out for me and who convinced me to make the phone call --that got me to realize how serious the situation was and got me out of that apartment. Scary to think of what could have happened had I continued to ignore what was going on. Grateful that I have friends who love me and a God who protects me.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:14 am

Wow! I'm so glad your friends managed to convince you to make that call! Very scary indeed, I have to question what kind of place that apartment is though. Shouldn't they have known that was dangerous?
TopazRaven

Postby Sheenar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 am

This is an independent living apartment complex for people with disabilities.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 am

Which is all the more reason the people who run the apartment complex should be making sure stuff like that doesn't happen. In my opinion in least. 0.o None the less I'm still glad you and your pets are alright.
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Glad to know you're all right, but praying! That's so scary!
Atria35

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:30 pm

most normies don't care about us disabled people
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:48 pm

I shall be praying. That's a terrible situation. Good thing everything worked out, though.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Sheenar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:45 pm

I got a call from the regional manager and they've put an air cleaner (as he called it) inside my room --he said it should be safe in a few hours --I'll be driving down tomorrow evening after my finals to check out the apartment to see if it is safe for me to go back in (or if the smell is still there/if I start having the same symptoms again).

Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room