[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
I met someone. - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

I met someone.

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

I met someone.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:32 am

...And it all happened really fast and it's kind of freaking me out a little bit how fast this has all happened. We met this week and he's Japanese, and he wants to be a pastor. It's kind of long distance, and I'm actually glad that it's long distance because I need time, both to think, and because I can't officially date anyone until I hit the two year mark, which isn't until July.

But yeah... I've been praying that God would send a guy with a passion for Him and a heart of prayer, and this guy seems to have those qualities. I'm scared though, because I've had this kind of thing happen before where I really hit it off with a guy and I thought it was God's will because it was all ridiculously serendipitous, and I got burned. I've got all these doubts running through my head about whether I can and should trust this person, and (more importantly) whether I can really trust God when he has a history of letting me get burned for my own good. I really don't want that to happen again. It all works out for the best and everything and later on I understand why He led me through such a painful experience but it still sucks a whole lot and I could do without that.

So basically just pray that God will give me patience and that I can surrender this to him without snatching it back so I can worry.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Twister980 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:54 am

I don't know much about relationships... But I'll pray for you.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 am

Praying! If you never risk getting to know a guy, then you'll never meet The Guy. Getting hurt is a necessary risk.
Atria35

Postby alma » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:16 am

I will pray , too, Yuki-ANne. May God gives you direction in this situation.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:06 am

Take it one step at a time, hon. No sense in worrying over something that hasn't even happened yet (or maybe won't happen).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Praying for you. Having never been in a relationship at all yet I don't think I can give out any advice sadly.
TopazRaven

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:44 pm

It's scary, but try being honest with him about your worries and be specific. It sounds frightening, but it can be a refreshing experience to have everything understood from the get go.

I understand what you mean by being burned, Miss Yuki, and I had something similar happen a few months ago. God knew prefectly well that I didn't believe a Christian man existed and that I wanted to concentrate on my studies. Then he sends me this guy and I had never fallen head-over-heels. I was actually mad at God for a bit, but in the way a child would be at their father over a boy. Either way, I fought it, but God spoke to my heart and said to let him in. When I knew for certain my feelings, I sat down and told the guy everything about my very special circumstances with my past and family situation. He told me God had spoken to him also, and that all he knew was that he needed to be with me.

The point of the long story is that you and this pastor might have something. It's okay to be afraid, but give that fear to God and He will take care of the situation.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Future pastor. Anyway, I've been praying about it basically nonstop. The vibe I'm getting from God is kind of two-fold: "Not yet; be patient and wait," and also, "Trust Me, and trust the work that I am doing in this man's life," as in don't freak out because we only just met and what if he's not what he seems and so on and so forth.

Also, pray for this guy, that God will give him a heart of patience as well. Everything he does is fast: walking, talking, making decisions. God is slowly teaching him patience, so pray for both of us in that area.
Yuki-Anne

Postby steenajack » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I'll be praying for you girl. I can kinda relate with what you're going through, and although there is nothing I can say that already has been said, I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Choko » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I am praying for you!...I know the feeling x.x;.But in the end I am glade it happened, because i am a far better person now and I understand things that I wouldn't have other wise. :)
Choko

Postby ABlipinTime » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Hope things work out for you, Yuki

Atria35 (post: 1515138) wrote:... then you'll never meet The Guy. .

I Want To Be The Guy!

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBgxWyXYKI
Warning: may contain language.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby TWWK » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Prayin'.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Praying :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:29 am

Still praying. Really hope everything works out for you two. :)
TopazRaven

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks, 'Paz (can I call you 'Paz?)

Thanks for praying, everybody (not just Paz. I just thought of the nickname and wanted to bestow it as soon as possible). I really appreciate your praying about this.

If you'll indulge me for a moment, I'd like to gush. I've been praying for sometime that God would send me a man with a heart of prayer who just loves Jesus more than anything. I daydreamed about other qualities I would appreciate, but don't remember ever actually praying for them, because I viewed them as negotiable.

But the more I get to know this guy (his name is Naohiro ^_^), the more I'm blown away by the fact that he hits everything on the list that I pretended I wasn't keeping. EVERYTHING. I really like him a lot. Almost every night he sends me an e-mail after I go to bed, with a scripture that he wants me to read in the morning.

I've told him that we have to remain just friends until July, and he's cool with waiting. So for the time being we're friends who know that we really, really like each other a lot.

I still need prayer because I tend to worry that for whatever reason he'll lose interest, but I also realized recently that it's not fair to him to worry about that, because I'm not trusting what he says about himself, or what he says about me. So just pray that I can learn to trust better, and more importantly, that I will entrust my whole love life, regardless of the outcome, to God.
Yuki-Anne

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 pm

That's cool with me. :lol: I have a nickname, sweet. :cool:

Aw, you two sound so cute! xD I'm so happy things seem to be working out. God works in some pretty awesome ways it seems! Still praying too. xD
TopazRaven

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Prayin' for you, I'm glad thing's are going well! :)
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Return to Prayer Room