A most unpleasant visitor

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

A most unpleasant visitor

Postby Hiryu » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:35 pm

So here's the skinny: One of my acquaintances, who was a marine, died in Afghanistan about a week ago. He was shipped back over to here successfully and the funeral services are to be held this weekend. But guess who else decides to give us a visit?

That's right. THE Westboro Baptist Church. Aw, isn't that sweet? They're coming all the way out here just to see us!

I'm submitting a prayer for his family and friends.

If you feel the need to discuss the finer details of the professional IRL trolls, make a separate topic, please.
Hiryu

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:04 pm

I'll be praying.
goldenspines

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Praying. Dang, that's so not cool >.>
Atria35

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Praying.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

How terrible! I'll definitely pray for his family and friends.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sheenar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:13 pm

That's terrible! :(

I'll pray.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Hiryu » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Ok, so apparently they're not going to protest. Instead, a local Radio has offered them a timeslot tomorrow morning at 7:15. Seems like a great deal doesn't it? But it feels...odd.

I can't help wondering that if this is what they were after all along. Infact, it seems getting on the radio at 7 in the morning, when people are on their way to work, would be a more effective and attractive approach at getting their pitiful call of attention across compared to protesting. A quick sweep of google seems to make this hypothesis true: One of Tucson,AZ's , Niceville, FL's , and Anderson,SC's local radio stations also made this deal.

If I'm thinking correctly, when they make intentions to come to a funeral, they're making a big gamble that has a relatively high payoff. They can either go to the funeral and protest, possibly getting victims to sue,(or they could get blocked in like they did in Mississippi and not get to go to the funeral at all...) or they could be offered a deal from the radio station to get their message across. Since they want attention, getting a time slot in a local radio station is a much more appealing method compared to protesting, which seems very hit or miss lately. It's kind of like a hostage situation, in a way.

But it is possible that they make the first step in an offer to a radio station,even though news articles say that it is the radio stations that make the first step and not the group. "We'll get you ratings!"
Hiryu

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Still praying.
Neane

Postby Lynna » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 pm

That is simply aweful! I'll be praying!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Kerusso » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Way to spread the love of Christ, Westboro. Sheesh...:shake:

I'll be praying.
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Return to Prayer Room