Mature prayer topics (older or mature members only, please)

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Mature prayer topics (older or mature members only, please)

Postby Red_web_city » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Ok, Ty. Hope she will be ok
. Praying
Red_web_city

Postby Okami » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:04 pm

So, I just joined the brand new Women's X3Group with XXXChurch for additional support and accountability over my addiction. It starts next week and I just really would like prayer that God would move in powerful ways, 1.) in my life, that I would learn to manage my issues in a healthy manner (on top of counseling) and 2.) in my ministry with XXXChurch, as I'm a blogger with their women's area.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 am

Praying, Okami.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Okami » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Praying, Okami.

Thank you, Cece! :3
Okami

struggling with desires...please help

Postby Red_web_city » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm battling with my flesh again...please help. If there is a hotline or phone i could call to help me when i need help, please help thanks
Red_web_city

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:21 am

Been fighting a losing battle with lust (not to mention idolatry and depression) lately, to the point of losing the will to fight back. Please pray that I'll have some contrition and force of will to set things right in whatever way I can.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Red_web_city » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Apparently no one's praying for me & if so it's not enough to keep me from my sin... I just wanted to live a holy life and I am getting no hope nor can I trust in the support of these prayer request forums...
Red_web_city

Postby Okami » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Red_web_city wrote:Apparently no one's praying for me & if so it's not enough to keep me from my sin... I just wanted to live a holy life and I am getting no hope nor can I trust in the support of these prayer request forums...

Just because people don't specifically say "Hey, ____, I'm praying for you" doesn't mean they aren't praying for you. I know for myself, I often read requests without ever making note of it. You're being prayed for; I wouldn't doubt that.

Also...

Okami wrote:So, I just joined the brand new Women's X3Group with XXXChurch for additional support and accountability over my addiction. It starts next week and I just really would like prayer that God would move in powerful ways, 1.) in my life, that I would learn to manage my issues in a healthy manner (on top of counseling) and 2.) in my ministry with XXXChurch, as I'm a blogger with their women's area.

In regards to this previous post of mine, our support group had to be cancelled due to a commitment in our leader's life that she couldn't get away from. :( Money's been refunded, they're looking for a new leader in the meanwhile, but part of my joining the group was specifically because of the leader, because I already have a trusted foundation with her (She's my overseer as a XXXChurch blogger). I'm trying not to stress over it too much as of right now. Though I did take away something good from it, without it ever being started - the preliminary questions we were to answer opened my eyes to how my parents' divorce affected/affects me, and I was able to bring those things up in counseling. So it's a step in the right direction, towards the freedom I so desire. :thumb:
Last edited by Okami on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Okami

Postby Okami » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 pm

*snip* Didn't mean to double-post.
Okami

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 am

Sorry to hear your support group didn't work out. Praying the situation will change. Also praying for Red Web City.

Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Praying, Red. Don't be so quick to judge. I didn't post in this particular forum for awhile simply because I didn't feel comfortable posting in a thread marked "mature". Eventually I got to the point where that was no longer an issue for me, and I try to let people know I'm praying for them. But sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry, or I just don't think about it. Just because people don't tell you they're praying doesn't mean they aren't. If you notice, this particular forum doesn't get a lot of "I'm praying" replies. So it's not just you. We don't read the posts in this forum and decide "Oh, that's Red. I'm not going to pray for him because I don't like him". I personally have been praying for you. So calm down. And we can't really help it if our prayers aren't getting you the results you want. That's in God's hands. To get mad at us for not being able to bend God's will is pretty rude. Have you tried trusting God in all this? Because He's ultimately the One Who's going to help you, and if you're putting more faith in the pray-ers than the One we're praying too, you're not going to get anywhere.

Praying, Okami. I'm glad to hear you got some blessing out of it anyway. God is so good. :)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Some more prayer with the personal issue I posted about a few months ago would be nice. Also, an issue a friend of mine is facing. I feel uncomfortable sharing what happened to him on the forum too, though. Please just pray for him and for me. God knows what we need.
mysngoeshere56

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:44 pm

You got 'em, sno. Hang in there. The Lord is right there with you (Jehovah-Shammah). *Hugs*
K. Ayato

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Praying, Sno.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:01 pm

College starts up Monday. I won't try and go into the details of my life- I'm self-centered enough as it is- but please pray that I'll take this opportunity to get a fresh start in life. Pray that I'll take my addiction and other problems head on and try to change.

Mullet Death

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Thank you for your prayers, and you have mine Mullet Death.
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 am

Praying, Mullet.

ClaecElric4God

Pray Please

Postby Never thirsty! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:29 pm

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: He used to buy them and we would share them anyway please pray that I don't use them as tools of self-injury. They are just for me to use so he doesn't know what I mighy use them for
Last edited by mechana2015 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trigger warning. Please stop posting descriptions of implements. If you desire prayer ask for that.
Never thirsty!

Postby SierraLea » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:32 am

My brother is getting kicked out of the house. He's not following the rules and setting a bad example for our four little sisters. Also, I found out yesterday that my brother is taking Marihuana. (I can't spell that at all.) It's sapping his motivation so he's not in the best shape right now. My mom is doing a huge novena for him, but I was hoping you guys could pray for him too.
SierraLea

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 am

Praying, Sierra.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 pm

I'd really like prayer for my town, I live in a little town and it used to be very safe and you could walk in any part of it around 3 in the morning without fear, but just in a week three child-luring encounters happened and many rapes in the past year. There is a huge drug culture where I live and a lot of the instances are related to that, anyway please pray for protection for the kids and well...everyone haha.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby drill » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Praying, Makachop.
drill

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you! Thankfully the victims of the new cases of child-luring were not hurt, and acted wisely with the encounters, yet I am worried a lot because in my town there are sooo many forest trails, parks, places that are secluded, that this sort of thing can easily happen with out others being around to help. please continue to pray guys :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby PandaPop » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Little late but praying Maka, I feel for you, I have recently seen my town going down hill as well, my local college has had a lot of rapes the last few years. It's scary honestly, I hate not feeling safe in my own town.
PandaPop

Postby GeneD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:42 am

GeneD wrote:A colleague of mine was raped in December and her blood tests came back HIV positive. She's getting re-tested though. Please pray for her and her family. The, for the lack of words I can't say on CAA, man is on trial so please pray that justice will be done and he'll be found guilty.

An updated request: my colleague has to decide by tomorrow (iirc) if she wants to include a charge of attempted murder (via HIV) to the rape charge. Apparently she's been advised that she needs to be very sure about this since in the unlikely event that her attacker tests HIV negative it can discredit her case/testimony (I'm not sure to what extent). She also has to obviously go on record to say that she is HIV positive, which is a sensitive matter in society to say the least. Thanks in advance for praying.
GeneD

Postby drill » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 am

Praying, Gene.
drill

Postby shooraijin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Wow, GeneD. The potential of it discrediting her if he tests HIV- is disturbing.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 am

Praying Gene!

shooraijin wrote:Wow, GeneD. The potential of it discrediting her if he tests HIV- is disturbing.

Rape/Assault are difficult because of lack of evidence or the "belief" that it was all consensual. Where I'm from (east coast) my county has the highest rape/assault cases and most are dismissed due to what's been stated above. The victim essentially lays her/himself bare while the defendant can remain silent until properly advised. It's an awful and horrific thing to have to go through as the victim and it's horrendous the system one has to go through as well as the rules of what is or is acceptable by the government. :/
yukoxholic

Postby SierraLea » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Can I just say first that I love you guys?! You're like mentors, friends, confidants, and people to have fun with all on one site! Now please bear with me while I bare my soul.
I am seriously confused about my sexuality right now. Not lesbian, but I might be asexual, which I would be perfectly fine with. The problem is that I don't know if I'm misinterpreting it or just seeing what I want to see. This could change and fulfill a lot for me if I do turn out to be asexual, but could you just pray that I figure this out and am able to accept whatever answer God has instilled within me?
I've been struggling with this for a while now. Please Pray!

For all of you who are feeling down this time of year, I offer prayers for you, even if you don't post about it.
SierraLea

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:24 am

Praying, Sierra.

ClaecElric4God

Previous Next

Return to Prayer Room