Mature prayer topics (older or mature members only, please)

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Mature prayer topics (older or mature members only, please)

Postby anlptgtsg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am

Not really sure want you are talking about. But will pray.
anlptgtsg

Postby J_d.d » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:16 pm

I guess to make it short and concise, praying for deliverance and cleansing from what i feel are ungodly and perhaps demonic soul ties in my past with people and my memories.
J_d.d

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Asking for some prayer in regards to my depression and flashbacks. Thank you.
yukoxholic

Postby SierraLea » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm

I am having trouble keeping out impure thoughts. St. Michael is my homeboy, but a little extra prayer can never hurt.
SierraLea

Postby syphon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Praying for you guys

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby J_d.d » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 am

Just to share an update, the sick depraved obsessive thoughts that i had been tormented with seems to be subsiding for now as i had been attending regular prayer sessions at a Methodist church besides going to my own church. But still praying for a total complete deliverance and recovery.

Thanks to anyone who had prayed over my request.
J_d.d

Postby shooraijin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 am

I'm glad to hear that it's improving.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby kipitama » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 pm

What I would say to this is above all, make sure God is your top priority. I may be young, but I know what the Bible says about me not being ashamed because I am young. So please listen: here is my advice, God is the most important being in the whole universe. No matter what or who we have here, only God could ever give it to us. The bible says that the heart can be deceptive, so we can't listen to our hearts as the world wants us to. We always need to focus on what God wants. One thing that really helps me in thimes that I don't know what to do or what God wants me to do, is fasting. You can do it for a day or even just half a day. Spend that time praying to God for guidance and protection of your heart and mind. Ask God to change your desires for sexual activities and He will because only He can. Don't depend on yourself understand there is nothing you can do with out Him. Just put your trust aside. You may have to let some things go after God reveals what He wants to you, but that is alright. He is soverign and He loves you more than any man, woman or other thing ever could
kipitama

Postby kipitama » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Keep on praying, God is right there by your side
kipitama

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Please pray for my lustful desires and that I may be given the strength to combat them. I will soon be moving to California so that may be stressful and I may be tempted even harder as a result. Much thanks and I have enjoyed being a member of CA.
initialdfreak

Postby shooraijin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 am

What about the move would make the temptations worse?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm

I need prayer, I don't know if any of you remember about my prayer request about my father, I have talked to him already about it and I try not to be judgemental, and I'm praying to be forgiving, but he keeps doing things like for example pauseing in movies (almost every movie) with scenes of a attractive guy, it bothers my whole family and he knows it but he still continues, that and all his pictures on his screen saver.. anyway its affecting my relationship with him and everyone else in my family. I notice the more he does these habits the more angrey he seems with his family and wanting to disconect. I'm not sharing everything about it on here so I know it seems petty, but it doesn't help my respect for him, and I want to respect my dad and I want to see my mom and father love eachother. anyway please pray I know it sounds like rambbling and judgemental but oh well
Makachop^^128

Postby syphon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 am

I will be praying makachop

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Okami » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:31 pm

If you've seen my recent blog post you'll know I'm in need of prayer during this time of recovery. I know just how hard this journey is...and this is the first time I've dealt with it quite like this... Prayer from my community here would be wonderful. Thanks for hearing me out, everyone! :thumb:
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:35 am

Praying, as always, dear friend. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 am

At times when I read the news about people deliberately hurting other people I get very angry.

I then begin to think that I want those criminals to suffer as their victims did, and to experience pain, fear, hopelessness, despair, and then to be utterly destroyed. Last night for an hour I could not sleep because I happened to read a disturbing news story.

I prayed to God last night and told Him how I felt, and asked Him to guide me.

I am thinking perhaps I should stop reading the news.

Please pray I have the wisdom to deal with these thoughts. Thank you.
Sammy Boy

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Sammy Boy wrote:At times when I read the news about people deliberately hurting other people I get very angry.

I then begin to think that I want those criminals to suffer as their victims did, and to experience pain, fear, hopelessness, despair, and then to be utterly destroyed. Last night for an hour I could not sleep because I happened to read a disturbing news story.

I prayed to God last night and told Him how I felt, and asked Him to guide me.

I am thinking perhaps I should stop reading the news.

Please pray I have the wisdom to deal with these thoughts. Thank you.

I'll be praying for you. I actually have started avoiding the news for similar reasons, so I think I know what you're saying. Sometimes it's for the best.
mysngoeshere56

Postby Mullet Death » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 pm

You know what I need prayer for? I need prayer so I can start praying again and go to confession, I haven't led a decent prayer life in a long time. I can't be "me" without it and obviously I can't pray for the people who need me. I feel like garbage on a daily basis and I shouldn't be treating myself like this, much less anyone else. It doesn't help that my body-image and related issues keep getting worse. :bang: I haven't even gone to Mass in weeks and that's really hypocritical and out-of-character for me because I know better than anyone else how needless and inexcusable staying away from my spiritual hospital is.

Other than that, I always, always need prayer for battling arousal addiction and for my related support group. Hopefully it isn't necessary to go into greater detail.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby yukoxholic » Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 am

Mullet Death wrote:You know what I need prayer for? I need prayer so I can start praying again and go to confession, I haven't led a decent prayer life in a long time. I can't be "me" without it and obviously I can't pray for the people who need me. I feel like garbage on a daily basis and I shouldn't be treating myself like this, much less anyone else. It doesn't help that my body-image and related issues keep getting worse. :bang: I haven't even gone to Mass in weeks and that's really hypocritical and out-of-character for me because I know better than anyone else how needless and inexcusable staying away from my spiritual hospital is.

Other than that, I always, always need prayer for battling arousal addiction and for my related support group. Hopefully it isn't necessary to go into greater detail.

Praying! In regards to body image issues try looking outside of yourself to non physical things like a good sense of humor, kindness, ability to do something well, or even to just be. Everyone is good at just being. :)
yukoxholic

Postby LastLfan » Thu May 23, 2013 2:51 pm

I need prayer in regards to my lust. I can controll it a few days, maybe a couple months but ive been dealing with it for years. Please pray for me, im trying and praying but need help
LastLfan

Postby Keri » Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 am

Praying, LastLfan, that The Lord will put to rest those unwanted desires and give you strength and perseverance to overcome.
Keri

Postby LastLfan » Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 am

Thank you keri
LastLfan

Postby syphon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 am

Will be praying for you lastLfan

syphon

Postby yukoxholic » Fri May 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I really need prayer in regards to healing and depression.I just feel like I'm alone and all this (when clearly I'm not) and I don't know what to do.
yukoxholic

Postby syphon » Fri May 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Will be praying for yuko

syphon

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:52 am

Dealing with something. Not comfortable saying what (at least not where everybody can read it). But any prayer is appreciated.
mysngoeshere56

Postby syphon » Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 am

Will be praying for you sno

syphon

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 am

Thanks. I really don't have anybody but God in this, but at least God's always more than enough.
mysngoeshere56

Postby yukoxholic » Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 pm

mysngoeshere56 wrote:Thanks. I really don't have anybody but God in this, but at least God's always more than enough.

If you ever need someone to talk too you're welcome to PM me. Also, praying for you.
yukoxholic

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Thank you Yuko, it's greatly appreciated. Things have progressed a little, but not much just yet. It's a long and hard issue, but... at least I've got God. Again, thanks everybody.
mysngoeshere56

Previous Next

Return to Prayer Room