Prayer and praise to the Lord

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer and praise to the Lord

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:40 pm

Hey guys, how is it going? I haven't been to the site in a while, and it seems I only come back for prayer, and I feel bad for it. I just know I can count on the family I've got here if I need it.

Okay, for the prayers. A lot of stuff going on right now with me; I'm in college, and it can be tough at times, but I've already seen the Lord with me in His righteousness and the blessings He has bestowed upon me. Even the small things. I'm making a stand in my college for Christ; most everyone in my classes knows I'm a Christian, though whether this will cause trouble for me down the road remains to be seen. Even if it does, I'll stand through it, because His will is what is important. I would like prayer for my college studies and such, though. I have trouble understanding my math teacher, and that is the only class I have trouble with right now.
Another thing; the Valedictorian at my school, one of my friends, though we weren't really close, is having a hard time. I just found out his girlfriend is pregnant, even though no one is quite sure who the father is. I can say I didn't see this one coming; I never woudl have thought that from him. I sat next to him at graduation and spent hours practicing our speeches, before the ceremony. I competed with him throughout high school for the number one spot, and though he beat me, I still respect him for that. There is also another girl here where I live who is pregnant, and is due sometime within a month or two. I ask prayer for these two, and for the other teen pregnancies around here. I feel especially bad about the Valedictorian one; he was ridiculously smart, and now he might not even be able to finish college. If the baby is truly his, then life for him is about to get much more difficult.
My third thing is this: my girlfriend and I have been together for quite a while now, and we keep the Lord at the center of our relationship, or we try to. I want the two of us to set a good example for other couples, and for the younger kids who look up to us; I want them to see that you can be happy with someone else without sex being involved. Also, on a side note, I would like prayer that my girlfriend and I help each other continue to grow in the Lord. I sincerely feel as if she is a blessing from Him, but that is another story altogether.
Now, for the last thing. I'm struggling with some recurring sins that I am having trouble with. However, I've grown greatly in the Lord these past few months; I feel closer and stronger to and in Him that I ever have. Sometimes the feeling of closeness comes and goes, but I will continue to trust in Him. The thing is, though, that I have to declare a major soon. I do not know what I want to do; I'm waiting on Him to tell me what He wants me to do. I know to be patient; I've already felt Him tell me to do this, but I am simply asking for prayer to be patient. My life, my soul, and everything I am belongs to Him, and I want to praise the Lord with all I do. So, I ask prayer that I would continue to grow and become stronger in the Lord, and that I would have the patience to wait for His will to be revealed to me. Thanks.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Return to Prayer Room