I'm really not even sure ...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

I'm really not even sure ...

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:32 pm

I really don't even know how to present this to you guys for prayer. My spirit is pinging off the walls. I'm antsy and restless - but in a good way. I know that God is calling me to do something that I, in my own self, cannot do. I have an idea of what he wants me to do through Him, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that it's only the tip of the iceberg. Over the past few days, it's been pressed upon my heart to start making an impact, and that the more I incorporate God into my life, the more He will incorporate me into His plan. I want to pour my time and energy into something that will impact people on several different scales all at once. I want to walk into a room, and instantly, people will either recognize me as a fellow Christian, or notice that I have something that they do not. I want more insight on people, and more ways to help them. I want my life to matter, but only if I can re-direct the glory to Him, with my words, actions, and in my heart of hearts. It's like ... someone gave my soul caffeine pills or something. So, knowing all that, and if you feel like praying for me, (please don't just say that you'll pray for the heck of it, and then not pray at all- really, and truly bring me before God. I know that might sound egotistical, but for once in my life, I understand what it means to covet prayers, so I don't care what I sound like!) just pray for me however God leads you to, no matter how strange it may sound coming out. Y'know, either for guidance, direction, strength, boldness, tranquilizers - whatever.

Also, Aaron and I are going to be working on a project that we hope will speak to people’s hearts in a lasting way. We both want to be so creative that it can only come from God. Y'know? Yeah.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:35 am

Restlessness of the soul. Nasty situation to be in, but often it can yield wonderful fruit. I believe that's the case in this situation.

I'll pray, and don't worry about me not doing it. I write down anything I say I'll pray for, and review them before I go to sleep every night. But thanks for mentioning that you want some intensive prayer, I'll have to make some time to do so.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:59 am

Thank you, I appreciate that very much.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:20 am

I'll pray for you too...I would really love to see something special come of this. Like UC said, it can turn into something awesome.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Rashiir » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:01 am

I think I know what you mean with teh whole restless spirit thing...in my short experience, God has always seemed to do this soon before having me do something for him that I wouldn't normally even think of doing, almost like a get ready kind of thing...So keep your eyes peeled...it sounds like you already have something going, but God might have something else in mind -- something even bigger perhaps, or something that may seem smaller, but may actually be more important...

And yes, I'll pray for ya...
Rashiir

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:26 am

Originally posted by Rashiir
So keep your eyes peeled...it sounds like you already have something going, but God might have something else in mind -- something even bigger perhaps, or something that may seem smaller, but may actually be more important...

(Laughs) I hope so. Thank you for the prayers, guys!
Gypsy

Postby Lightbringer » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:32 am

Wow, just found this, and its exactly what I feel like. Have felt like for a while. Im just tired of skimming on the top of what God has..... dont know if you all get that. So I'll pray for you Ami, and If anybody else will please Add me to the list.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:09 pm

There is no list, but consider yourself added.

And Gypsy, I don't know if this means anything, but I've been getting a feeling about this. While praying, the main thing that's been coming to me is the feeling of peace. As if God is saying to be calm- that he'll work in his own time. Of course, peace and excitement can mutually exist, so please stay on fire for Him. I'm not sure if this addresses your feelings, but I figured you should know.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:15 pm

Thank you for sharing that with me. I needed to hear that.
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:34 pm

A thanks for a thanks is ridiculous, but I'm doing so anyway. I'm generally reluctant to share my feelings after prayer, because I have this latent fear that I made it up myself. Your response took a load off my mind.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:42 pm

That's understandable to feel that way. I know exactly what you mean. But you'll know when it's something between you and God, or when it is for you to share. I mean, why would your flesh want you to tell someone else something that their spirit needs to hear?
Gypsy

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:16 pm

I am glad that God is working mightily in your life, but remember.... things happen in his time not ours.. so remember sometimes it's awesome to wait and see things fold out before us. I will also pray that you stay strong through whatever the evil tries to through at you... when you are at a peek.. he tries hardest to bring us down. Remember even then that God is the God a valley as well. I look forward to hearing how things progress for you.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby blueraven » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:37 pm

As always I will pray for you. And when I say that I mean it.
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby express » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:49 am

Praise God that He has put this desire in your heart, a desire to do mighty things for His glory. I will pray for you, of course, as we all are.

Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and continue to read His Word because in His Word is His Will, and that's what we all want to follow as a people who have had or now have a relationship with Him.

P.S.

I just want to thank you for praying for me as well. I know the Lord hears are prayers and will answer them. We just have to pray without ceasing.
express

Return to Prayer Room