urgent:i dont know what to do.

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

urgent:i dont know what to do.

Postby DaughterOfZion » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:55 pm

i apoligize if this is the wrong place to put this.
i need help with a friend.she's just started getting in to witch craft and i always feel uneasy around her now. im not sure if she was christian. i mean she went to church with her parents but i dont know if she accepted christ as her savior. she comes to church on wensdays for youth group but she brings the friends who started her interest in witchcraft and i dont feel comfertable going to youth after she told me that once, the girl who started the whole witchcraft intrests boyfriend came,i doubt her mother new that, and he stupid up when our youth leader, jeff, was teaching and yelled "this is crap!" except with stronger words and now ive been too nervous to go to youth group. she's always brought someone from the group thats now into wtich craft. when im around her im always afraid that she's going to start talking about what she's learned and she does everynow and then. on tuesday she told me she had to go hug a tree to "absorb the trees positive energy". she was also reading a book of phropcies(sp?) of nostradamus(sp?). i feel strong enough in christ to not become curious about witch craft but... and i havent talked to my parents about this. i want to but every time the oppertunity arises i cant muster up the courage to talk to them. i really need help. sorry if thats a bit to much but i havent talked to anyone about this. i want to and need to but i cant seem to bring myself to do it.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:20 pm

Hmm, I'm not really sure what to say. I guess just get her alone about it and ask her why she's so into it. Just try to be there for her and talk to her about it. I'm so sorry, I wasn't that much of a help.
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:29 pm

First, I'd pray for wisdom and guidance. You can't go into this thing without some degree of prayer cover.

Second, do you and this girl perhaps have a mutual Christian friend you could confide in? A youth pastor? Maybe if that person, or you two together, go to her, it might work better (and you might be a little less intimidated).

It appears God has put on your heart a burden for this girl, but it is good that you did not just blindly rush in.

As for the youth group, I'm concerned as this cabal of witchcraft practitioners may be trying to move in. Such an influence would be devastating for the group, to say the least. (Is Jeff an adult?) If this is still a problem, some one (possibly you) should bring it up to the church leadership.

Bottom line: act in love for this girl, but don't go in alone. There was a reason Jesus sent out the disciples in twos...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Wow..this is an interesting case....and one I've been through. I think it is good that you are concerned for your friend, and feel unesay...this shows that the Holy Spirit is telling you it is wrong. And the two people she are reading about are I believe paganistic peoples who dealt with the performances of witchcraft, but it has been a long time since I researched those people. ( For, I have not always been a Christian.) My best advice is to pray. Pray to God for the words to say and the actions to do. Maybe sit down with this friend and tell them how you feel about it, and ask if you can pray for them. If they decline, do it anyway. Don't let the Devil take their life...pray that God will touch their heart, and be there for them if they ask about Him and salvation. If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm anytime. I come here on a daily/hourly basis. God bless and good luck.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Lady Macbeth » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:18 pm

<
mod snip: As much as I'd like this to not be the case, this post is going to start some serious trash throwing. I'll be sending you a PM in a minute, LM.

- Mithrandir
>
Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore...

I'm a woman - when I'm lost, I ask for directions.

Genjyo Sanzo: Banishing Stupidity, One Idiot at a Time
Lady Macbeth

paster

Postby <:3)~mouse » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:40 pm

you should talk to your paster he can help u. there are people who specialize with this kinda thing they might be able to help your friend. and try not to be afraid to talk to your parents they are there to help you with your problems.

<:3)~
<:3)~mouse

Postby Yumie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 pm

I decided to go ahead and move this to the prayer forum. I think it's a more appropriate place for it. :)
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby leycloud11 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I think that you should just let it go. You can't change what your friend is into. I don't think you should bring it up. If it's what she is interested in, then leave it be. You shouldn't be scared to be around her. She may just be trying to explore different things. She can't hurt you. If it comes to the point where the things she is saying are scaring you or she is threatening you with her 'witch craft' then say something to your parents or just tell her that you're uncomfortable. Honestly I think (no offense intended) you are over reacting. Your friend is acting different. Is that a bad thing? God made us all as individuals. God made us unique. Your friend is just being unique, as God created us for. As Paromore (a band) said in a song (Misery Buisness) '2nd chances don't matter because people never change'. You can't change your friend, as hard as you try.
So relax, your friend is just being herself. If you feel uncomfortable about it, let her know or say something to your parents.

leycloud11
leycloud11

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 pm

leycloud11 (post: 1579472) wrote:I think that you should just let it go. You can't change what your friend is into. I don't think you should bring it up. If it's what she is interested in, then leave it be. You shouldn't be scared to be around her. She may just be trying to explore different things. She can't hurt you. If it comes to the point where the things she is saying are scaring you or she is threatening you with her 'witch craft' then say something to your parents or just tell her that you're uncomfortable. Honestly I think (no offense intended) you are over reacting. Your friend is acting different. Is that a bad thing? God made us all as individuals. God made us unique. Your friend is just being unique, as God created us for. As Paromore (a band) said in a song (Misery Buisness) '2nd chances don't matter because people never change'. You can't change your friend, as hard as you try.
So relax, your friend is just being herself. If you feel uncomfortable about it, let her know or say something to your parents.

leycloud11

Yeah, witchcraft is a pretty bad thing. Fair enough they may be exploring theme-park versions of actual, strict pagan religions, but call for the devil and you just might find him.

*Edit* sorry, just saw it was a grave-dig.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Gravedigs: Funny until it's a post from your own past. xD Holy crap I could not spell or hit the shift and space keys.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Neane » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

I wonder...how do people find these old threads?
Neane

Postby ABlipinTime » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:59 pm

@ley - Gravedig. Please look at the date of the last post before responding. Thanks

@Neane - As a new user, when you hit "New Posts", it gives you pretty much everything. That I do recall from being a noob.
ABlipinTime

Postby AdriTan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Hey I'll be praying. Sometimes with these things its best just to be a good influence, but also be careful about how much time you so end with her around her when she's with those friends. So I guess what I would say is keep in touch, but not all the time. As strong as you feel its still easy to be dragged down. (I've learned this with other things first hand unfortunately) If you ever want a lil sis to talk to I'm totally here for ya! So PM me whenever you feel like it. :-)
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby goldenspines » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I saw this thread and I was like, "Oh my gosh, who killed DoZ's grammar. D:"

To those who have not noticed, this is indeed a 5 year gravedig, while I'm quite sure DoZ appreciates the kind words and thoughts, I'm not sure how applicable it is to this issue currently.

leycloud11, thank you for your thoughtful input into the thread, but most likely, advice in a 5 year old thread is not going be the most helpful to the original poster. We try to keep posting to more recent (within 3 months) threads. It's a common mistake, though, so please don't worry about it. But try your best to look at the last post date before you post in the future. Thanks!

And for the sake of DoZ, I'm going to lock this thread up to avoid confusion. ^_^
goldenspines

Return to Prayer Room