Help!

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Help!

Postby wiggins » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:29 pm

Please pray for me. I've been sinning alot by doing other stuff even though I promise to go full steam on something for x hours (then getting so distracted that I don't even do it at all), lately, and conciously too; but I just can't seem to stop. Please pray for God to help me stop sinning, help me grow closer to Him, and for Him to have mercy on me and to forgive me even though I've committed this same sin time and time again. I do get things done in time for the ultimate deadline, but I should really do what I say I do. I am working on it, and I know God is not a cosmic teddy-bear, and realize that I have to work on it too. I'm also having a problem with speed in general. I am by nature really slow, so have little time to do stuff like read my bible work on projects I'm interested in, etc. Fast for me is really slow for alot of others, and I don't want to sacrifice quality either. I think this is part of the problem I mentioned above in that I think I kind of skive in order to have the freedom, enjoyment and break of doing my own things.I also have a tendency to pray repetitive prayers spontaneously no matter where I am out loud. I know its good to pray,but not outloud. Making people think i'm mad is not being a good witness to God, so can you please pray for God to help me pray quietly in my heart. For some reason, I find difficulty praying silently in my heart and mind. Another thing (yeah... I know this is a long prayer request list...) is I am someone whos is very fearful/ defensive (I'm not sure which. I'm not afraid persay, because I know the Almighty God is with me and protecting me and that Jesus is in me, but it seems almost instinctive). This often results in my seeming antisocial. If just typing on a forum or IM I'm fine, but when talking and personally interacting with others... If anyone has any conjectures as to why I am this way or any practical advice I got put into action that would help me, please PM me. Thanks!

Wiggins
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:09 pm

I have trouble with being in public myself. My son struggles with SAD which occurs every year when the time changes here. I know that in the fall and winter my son goes into hibernation and that he sleeps most the day and plays online games in the middle of the morning. He is very anti-social and I realize it's all part of his physiological make-up. He has Tourette Syndrome, OCD, depression and especially SAD during this time of the year.

But, you really have to spend time alone with God. You need to read the Bible. If you have a church find a trusting older person who will take you under their wing to help you get involved in the Word of God. I might consult your pastor or reverand for this.

When my brother struggled with depression he would call me and pray over the phone with me. He also went to his church for counseling and found he needed medication to help out. Whatever you do, find help. The church is a good place to start.

I'll be praying for you and God bless. PM me if you ever want to talk. ^_^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Rashiir » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:18 pm

I'll pray!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Spiritsword » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:39 pm

I will pray for you, Wiggins.
Spiritsword

Postby Rogie » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:48 pm

Sure thing, Wiggins.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Return to Prayer Room