Leading a friend to Christ

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Leading a friend to Christ

Postby blueraven » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:46 pm

I just recently found out that one of my dear, dear friends is not saved. We never talked about it much and I'm sorta dissapointed in myself that I never brought it up sooner. He never told me mainly because he didn't want things to change between us. He understands now that I could never view him any differantly, I really do love him. I've asked him if he would start reading the Bible, but only if its something he wants to do. I don't want him to read just because I asked him to. But he has, and he's starting in Psalms. When we get on the topic I just go on and on but I usually stop myself because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to force Christianity on him. I can't stand to see peopel suffer because they don't know how Jesus Christ is. If you will, please keep Michael and myself in your prayers. Pray that God will use to me reach Michael, if it is His will. I long for the day I can call Michael my brother in Christ, all to the glory of God. Thank you.

-Kat
blueraven

Postby calbhach » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:31 pm

Sure! I'll pray for him! I hope that it all works out okay.

God Bless,

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby Rashiir » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:19 pm

If your friend is pretty intelligent, i would suggest having him read Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis to help him understand what Christianity is about. If you haven't read it yourself, you should give it a shot too. It's a good read for believers and non-believers alike.

Don't try to push him much faster than he wants to go, though. Although he will need some encouragement. Good luck, and remember, you're not converting anyone. That's the Spirit's job.
Rashiir

Postby blueraven » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:05 am

*nod* I'm trying not to, through it is a little harder then it looks. And thank you, I've always been a big reader but mostly fantasy/sci-fi so any suggestion on Christian books are great ^_^ I'll have to look into Mere Christianity, I think I remembering reading somewhere that C.S. Lewis had some great books for Christians. Thank you all, may God continue to bless all the days of your life

-Kat
blueraven

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:34 am

Rashiir is completely right about the Spirit being the one to lead others' hearts to conversion. Although you should do everything in your power to be a good witness, there really is a fine line there. Just relax in the peace that comes with knowing that God is in control and be ready to be there for Michael when the time comes. In the meantime, we got your back with prayer-cover.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:18 am

I'll be praying, Kat. Definitely.

I have some online friends who aren't Christian...some of you er, senior members might remember me requesting prayer about this in the past.

There are plenty of non-Christians that I talk to online, but the one that has really been on my heart is Symon. He was raised Jewish, so...the last time I talked to him about this kind of stuff, he told me he wasn't sure if Christ was the Messiah or not. He believes in God, but...he isn't saved. And sometimes it feels like he's close...so close to salvation. But I haven't known what to do about it. So I've been praying...oh, and I have dreams about him a lot. They used to be disturbing, but in the most recent one, he asked "Why won't you help me?" It's strange...but anyway, I want ask you all to pray that God's will be done in this situation.

Also, I have another friend, she doesn't know much about Christianity, but she's open to listen if I talk about it. So...just pray that I'd do what's right in that situation. Also she's in poor health, so keep that in your prayers too.

Well...that's enough out of me...::slinks away::
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:53 am

I don't know if your friend is of a modern or post-modern bent.
(Modern: interested in facts and data)
(Post-moder: interested in feelings and objective truth)

If he's of the former, I have a book to suggest. Lee Strobal's A Case For Christ is an excellant book. It acknowledges that facts can only take you so far on the journey to Christ, but it covers those facts pretty well.

Any of you Christians, this is a good book to read anyway.

I'll keep you in my prayers...
uc pseudonym

Postby Rashiir » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:57 am

Yah, that would be the other book i would have suggested...I think somewhere in there it talks about a man who was raised Jewish and found out that Jesus was the Messiah, so that might help you, Shiroi. But I don't have it right now (it's been lent out), so I may be mistaken... Do you know, UC?
Rashiir

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:01 pm

I know in the student version I was given it has a list of ways the Messianic Prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus. Perhaps the full edition might have a greater list?
Personally I'd love to compile my own...go through the old testament, mark the passages dealing with the the messianic prophecies and collaborate it with the new testment accounts of Jesus.
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:03 pm

Yah, good old St. Matt would be a good one too, his main purpose was pretty much to prove to the Jews that Jesus is their Messiah.
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:41 pm

I'm late answering the question, but Rashiir is right. One of the interviews is with a Jew who converted. It's interesting.

Of course, I've kept your friend in my prayers.
uc pseudonym

Return to Prayer Room