Request for backup!

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Request for backup!

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:50 pm

Well, I guess I'll be bringing this to the "open" afterall. :sweat:

Brothers and sisters, I believe in the effectiveness of overkill--especially when regarding spiritual warfare. As it has been going, I've been sparce online for a while because of a few things (some of you might have heard of from my blog).

But on top of my list in importance is the "spiritual duel" I'm going through with a guy called Cal. To make things clear, Cal is a passionate atheist. I have no doubt in my mind he's trying to prove that God doesn't exist to himself and a dozen of his other atheist/agnostic friends. The background story is somewhere on my "real" blog which anyone can find if they put in the effort. (obviously one of the atheists did--which pretty much started it all)

Me, not being one to stay quiet while others talk degradingly about "rabid Christians" (which I am), opened up a discussion with the owner of the blog.

Things went more or less smoothly until lately I started to realize I sure can't do this alone--because the war isn't with words and logic, but in spirit. Nothing I can say or argue can change the fact that they can't see Him because they don't *want* to see Him. They would always fall back on the fact that there isn't solid, tangible, "proof" that God exists. Heck, that's the *only* argument he has left.

Even telling him that he could just be sitting in front of the computer and ask for Him to show His presence falls short since he wouldn't even try because "there is no God" in the first place. (guiltily, I'm actually starting to find it all hilarious rather than frustrating)

Obviously, spiritual warfare is going on against the "Demons of Skeptism and Denial" as I like to call them. And all my words can do is create a wedge for God to reach in and touch him.

Gah man, it's starting to seem like only a "God slap" can get his attention (hopefully nothing extreme like what God did with The-Apostle-Formerly-Known-As-Saul :grin: ). The final decision is His to hold, but I really appreciate any prayer support for this matter.

Prayer for God to reach Cal regardless, or at least to reach anyone who has been following along with the debate (it's on both his blog and mine), prayer so that I can stay true to His word and not end up putting too much of *my* logic rather than His.

Personally, I would really like God to "slap" his eyes open, but that's just being me :sweat:
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:00 am

Prayer definitely. Although, perhaps God will take His time to slap this one, until he gets somewhere where a slap might actually lead to a new road for him.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:55 am

Will pray for major PF (pride factor) losses.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Master Kenzo » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:03 am

Hmm...I believe at the root of the problem is sin. He is happy out in his own little world saying there's no God so it doesn't matter if he sins or not, because there is no heaven or hell!

The reason he doesn't want to try to cry out to God, (if He doesn't exist, it would make no difference anyway) is because he is lying. He knows there is a God, he just refuses to accept Him because of forementioned resons.

I'll be praying :)
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Shinja » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:11 am

sure-nuf
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:02 pm

:forehead: The wicked will always be against us. It's easy to forget that we can't open their eyes isn't it. Sometimes you just wanna slap them...especially if your a pre-suposistionalist like me...
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Rashiir » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:52 pm

Sure, will do.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:03 pm

I'll pray too.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:34 pm

Thank you, all!!! ^_^ I'll keep you guys posted on what's gonna happen ^^
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Mave » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:50 pm

You're in my prayers, I'm waiting to see His Will be done. :thumb:
Mave

Postby EireWolf » Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:18 pm

Lord, in Your time and Your way, please reveal the truth of who You are to Cal. Show him Your love, and open his eyes and heart.
EireWolf

Return to Prayer Room