Using what I've been given

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Using what I've been given

Postby Rashiir » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:12 pm

This summer, I didn't get a job. I could have, but I didn't, because I thought I didn't need money. I don't really. If I'm fed, I'm happy, usually. I thought that it would be a better use of my time to spend it with my friends than to waste it earning money I didn't need.

Well, it's not that I need money now any more than I did then. But then I heard on the radio about families that live in developing countries. The parents make an average of about $67 a month. Then I realized that I could make that in 10 hours of work. I've wasted my time.

I realized that I could have spent my summer here where it would be easy for me to get a job and get paid well helping those that live where neither of those things are true. I buried my mina.

So now I've decided to try and earn what money I can to give to those that need it. I don't need it. I don't want it. But they do.

Please pray for me.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:55 pm

That's really very good of you. How many people consider that when considering summer plans? In any case, it sounds difficult. I'll be praying for you.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:33 pm

That is very "New Testament" of you if you know what I mean. I think it's an awesome thing to do, and I'll be praying about it.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:11 pm

Yeah, that's a commitment you rarely see considered, let alone made. Make the decision wisely with God's guidance (and prayer will be in force, of course).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rashiir » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:16 pm

That is very "New Testament" of you if you know what I mean.

Yes. No. A bit?
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Return to Prayer Room