A change

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

A change

Postby Aibou » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:10 am

Hello everyone,

As no one confronts me, I might as well drop the egg to reveal myself. I have mixed feelings now.. a little indescribable, but the Lord tells me to go for it.. One week ago I returned from a 12-day holiday in the Spanish Pyrenees (Thank God we came out there alive!!! :wow!: But that's another story..), to the waterfalls and France.. When I just came back the unsatisfying feeling in my life came back.. (great, I don't know where to begin the story.. ) Here I go.

I have great parents, a slightly annoying younger brother and I go to a foreign church on montly base.. School's going well, although I have no clue what to do exactly XD

In the past I used to be quite antisocial, I had practically no friends.. or at least I did not make effort to get some... because I actually never felt lonely..
Up until now I have seen friends come and leave. One of the only friends who stayed is Lord Jesus.. I am so grateful for that..
Also grateful I have discovered I-net (three years ago) and got a friend through that. We're very alike, we like the same things and such... it's so great..
But it's hard when she lives far away. I've never talked to her through the phone, because I feel so bad..

Something is pulling me down, .. I never talk, I never feel the need to talk a lot, a few sentences.. that's all.
You'd probably don't understand.. but it's so hard for me.. Well now you know social skills are my weakest point...
This influences my whole life.. this makes it a lot harder to communicate with people.

I prayed and cried three nights for friends and my future, because I want to do great things in the name of the Lord.
Perhaps it will be that incredible story I have in my mind, being translated someday into a comic.

Please pray for me
thanks a lot.

This is the first time I talk about it willingly, I refuse to in RL cause I get too emotional... :rolls_eye I feel a lot stronger now I'm saying it, while it's still though.. but this is a step in the good direction! Praise the Lord! :jump:

Laura

ps. pardon me for bad English, but it should be comprehensible. :dizzy:
//HBNU Creations// - Webmanga in the works!
//My DeviantArt// - Check my art ;D
//Everlasting// - My LiveJournal.
Aibou

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:26 am

I will pray for you as best I know how... and God can handle the rest.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:52 am

God knows your heart and understands how much you wish to honor and bring glory to Him.

Ephesians 6:19-20 says: "And pray for me too. Ask God to give me the right words as I boldly explain the mystery of the Gospel. I am in chains now for preaching this message as God's ambassador. But pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for Him, as I should."

Paul was in put in prison for teaching that God loved not only the Jews, but that everyone else too - and that the Messiah had already come to save all men. Even though he was in bonds, he still shared God's message. However, even Paul knew he needed prayers for strength to keep on working while he was in shackles.

If you view your lack of words, or the fact that you’re uncomfortable around people as "chains" - then you can take comfort and encouragement from this verse. Although you feel tied and bound, God will still use you if you are willing. I'll definitely be praying.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:54 am

I think I do understand, Laura. Social skills are quite possibly my greatest weakness; conversations are often a chore for me. (It's easy to hide the fact on an online message board, isn't it?)

I'll keep you in my prayers. (Maybe you could keep me in yours as well.)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Rashiir » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:00 pm

The only thing I could recommend would be to just get out there. I mean, slowly, but surely. Just find some people at your school to start hanging out with... Maybe there's a youth group or Christian fellowship for folk your age near you. Just get out there and the social stuff will get easier. Also, give people the benefit of the doubt. It may seem like they think you're weird at first, but they probably just don't understand you very well. In time it will only get easier.

Other than that, I'll pray for you.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Retten » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:53 pm

i will pray for you :thumb: but remeber Moses he delivered the people out of Egypt and he stuterd! :wow!:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:15 pm

First of all, Hi! I don't believe I've meet you.

I can understand how you feel. I used to be the kinda' the same way.

Advice:
Sometimes they come to you and sometimes you have to go to them. Get out there as Rashiir said. You can take you time. This is my advice, it may sound silly. If you can't find anything to talk about, sit down with a group of people, you feel comfortable with. Listen to what they're talking about. Go home and research what they were talking about, for example on the internet. Then, come the next day or so and start a conversation about it. You might be able to get to know someone better this way. Also, continue to pray that God will help you overcome this. And remember when we feel lonely God might be trying to tell us something.

You'll be in my prayers! God Bless!
Link Antilles

Postby Aibou » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:49 pm

thanks all for your prayers, concern and encouragments

I'll keep you in my prayers. (Maybe you could keep me in yours as well.)

Ofcourse I will. :-)
//HBNU Creations// - Webmanga in the works!
//My DeviantArt// - Check my art ;D
//Everlasting// - My LiveJournal.
Aibou

Return to Prayer Room